Summer is in full swing at our house! I can't believe the first month of summer is already almost over. Sorry for the lack of blogging, but we have been busy playing! And when we aren't playing I'm breaking up toddler fights, reading books, eating frozen grapes or working out.
The first day of Summer kicked off with Monday jobs. During the school year we do them on Saturday, but during the summer we don't bother until Monday. Everyone was so good about doing jobs and didn't fuss or anything. The kids all played happily in the basement after jobs. The boys got invited to a friends' house after lunch, which was perfect because I had a quiet house while the babies napped. When they woke up I picked up the boys and took everyone over to the Alpine splash park. We played for a couple of hours then grabbed pizza on the way home. It was a pretty awesome first day of summer. Wish every day was like that.
Later that first week I braved the new Museum of Natural Curiosity by myself with the kids. I knew they wanted to do the water room and the Noah's ark fountain so we went in our bathing suits. It was crazy crowded still but the kids had fun. I kept the babies in the baby area while the boys did their own thing in whatever section we were in. Beckett and Talia both played in the water table. And the fountain was a hit. It was hard getting everyone to leave, but nap time is sacred during the summer so I had to get them home in time for naps. :)
We also watch some TV in the morning and kick around the house playing with toys and occasionally playing (banging) on the piano.
I also LOVE my backyard. I love that it's fenced. We get decent shade in the afternoon. And it's plenty big to run around in. The kids love filling up the water table and splashing and filling up their squirters. Sometimes I even put a little sprinkler on the end of the hose and let them run in it. They love it. And I get to chill in the shade with my book while they get wet and wear themselves out for bed time. Summer is the best.











No comments:
Post a Comment