Monday, April 11, 2016

Davin's 8th Birthday!

My cute Dav man turned 8 this year! He was super excited for his birthday and had a fun day! We all woke up early and the boys got ready for school a little bit early so that Davin could open his presents before school. He was so funny and opened a card first and sat and read it for a full minute. I thought Weston was going to explode with impatience! Haha! Davin loved all his fun gifts! He got a Star Wars pillow case from Grandma Denny and Papa. He got money from his great grandparents. Grandma B and Grandpa Bob gave him several fun craft kits and a new bucket of melty beads. Ian and I gave him a papercraft book and a paper airplane book. We also gave him two new hats (a BB8 one and a Minecraft one). His big present was a white Mip robot! He hadn't really asked for the Mip but I thought it would be really fun if he had one too since Weston already has one and they can connect and laser battle and play together. He was really excited about it, so yay!
That morning was busy while I took Beckett to preschool, then took Talia to dance, then came back near our house to pick up Subway for Davin's birthday lunch (it's his favorite), then went to the school to drop off lunch to Davin, picked up Beckett then picked up Talia. Whew! I swear I drove back and forth under the freeway 8 times! Anyway, Davin had a great day at school. He gave his class Hoho's to celebrate his birthday. When he got home we opened up Mip and the boys played with them most of the afternoon.
Davin had to go to his piano lesson, but then we gathered up and met Auntie Mel and Wilson at Chick Fil A for dinner. Ian and Brad had class that night. We missed them! Chick Fil A was super busy, as always, but the kids had fun playing in the play place and everyone ate their dinner except Talia. I call it a win. :) I got Davin his own shake for his birthday treat. We even got to see the cow! It was a fun night. Ian was home when we got home from dinner, so he got to see Davin before we sent everyone to bed.
This is my friend Cami and her baby Lily. One of the reasons we ate at Chick Fil A that night was because she was having a fundraiser there for a project to donate books to the NICU where Lily stayed for a long time after she was born at 27 weeks. It was nice to get to see her and meet little Lily in person (although she was really tired and not too happy about taking a selfie)!
The next night was a Friday and Davin chose to have a late night with some friends for his "birthday outing" this year. Since we didn't have to pay for an outing I let him have a few more friends than normal on a no party year. He ended up having five friends come over to have cake and watch The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe. Which, by the way, is a very long movie. They didn't finish the show until after 10, but it was a fun night for Davin. Weston got invited to have a late night with one of his friends and it was kind of nice for Davin to be the star of the evening. :)
He had a pretty awesome birthday and is looking forward to being baptized on May 7th! I love so many things about Davin, but here's the short list...he is low maintenance and can entertain himself, he loves crafts and is really talented!, he is a good friend and has really made some close friends this year. I love his extra expressive eyebrows, his big hugs, his messy hair, his giggle, and his unassuming manner. He is such a kind, helpful kid and I am so blessed to be his mom. Can't believe you're 8 Davin! I love you SO much!

No comments: