Friday, April 8, 2016

My 33rd Birthday Trip!

I had planned on going on a little girls' weekend birthday trip with one of my friends here in my neighborhood for her 40th birthday this year (she's a St. Patrick's day baby too). But then one day on the text thread with my mom and my sisters Jules mentioned wanting to go to Time Out for Women in Long Beach the weekend before my birthday. I decided that would be even more fun! So I hopped online and bought myself a plane ticket as my birthday present. 

I flew down to Long Beach on Wednesday evening. My parents picked me up and we headed home to relax. Thursday morning Mom took a half day off from work. We went and did some LuLaRoe shopping at the Erica and Rebecca's house. It was super fun because I got to pick out the three free items I earned from my recent online party with them. I ended up picking out 3 new dresses (my first Amelia and my first Nicole and a Julia) and buying one pair of awesome camo leggings. Jules got a Nicole dress too! So fun.

Mom had to go to work after that, so Jules and I decided to run over to Rite Aid so I could pick up a few travel toiletries I had forgotten. They ended up not having any of the stuff I needed, but we got Thrifty's ice cream, so it wasn't a complete loss.  Haha! I hadn't had Thrifty's ice cream in forever and it tasted SO good. I don't know why but it's the best. I got mint chip and medieval madness. Yum. Dean was also a fan and I shared with him all the way home (all 5 minutes).

A little later we went and picked up Chick Fil A for lunch and took it to Mom's school and had lunch with her. Poor Dean fell asleep in the car, so he was kind of out of it when we got there, but Grandma got some good snuggles. It was fun hanging out with Mom in her classroom! There were only a handful of students in there since she was only having detention kids in her room that day.
Jules and I swung by Target on the way home and I got the toiletries I needed. Then we took Dean home for a proper nap. Jules and I both layed down and dozed off too. Trips without kids are the best!
That night Dad made us a yummy dinner. I love being home and eating my dad's cooking. Joy headed down from Ventura that evening too. She didn't get there until 8ish, but we waited and had ice cream and celebrated my birthday a little bit that night. I got to open my presents and Joy did my nails! I loved my cute purple Jamberry mani with clear gel polish on top. We watched My Big Fat Greek Wedding while we did our nails. It was the best.
Friday morning Mom had to work so Joy kept me company. She made me got walking with her. Haha! It was good though. We walked three miles and got to chat the whole time. After we were showered my friend, Sarah and her cute family dropped by to visit! Sarah lives in Texas right now but we happened to both be in town at the same time. It was so great to see her and finally meet her girls in real life. The last time we had seen each other was when I was pregnant with Davin! Wish we lived closer!
After Sarah and John and the girls headed out Joy and I went to lunch at Panera. It was tasty and nice to just be out to lunch with my sister and none of our kids! After lunch we headed home and got packed up. We left that afternoon to go to Time Out for Women. Mom had booked us a hotel room near the convention center, so we picked up Jules and drove down to Long Beach. We checked into our hotel room, grabbed some dinner at Taco Bell (classy!), and figured out where to park. We were there fairly early so we took a picture and browsed the merchandise they had out at the back of the hall.
That night we heard from a few different speakers and the musical guests were Mercy River. It was a nice evening. I loved the music! The service project for the weekend was coloring these sets of alphabet flashcards to be used to help refugees learn English. I love to color so that was kind of fun to do while we listened.
About halfway through the program that night I started sneezing a bunch and by the end I was sick. SUCH a bummer! On the way back to the hotel we stopped by a grocery store and picked up snacks and I got medicine and tissues. Boo. I slept ok that night (thank you Nyquil!), but we had to get up pretty early to get ready and eat breakfast before the Saturday program began. The hotel breakfast was decent and we were quick. We all wore our LuLaRoe leggings that day because for a full day of sitting in a convention center there's nothing more comfy! We ran into our cousin Whitney during one of the breaks and had a nice chat with her and got to hold her cute baby Will!
The musical guests throughout the Saturday program was a group called Gentri. I had heard them when they opened for Idina Menzel and thought they were amazing. They didn't disappoint and they even sang their Les Mis medley that I had so loved at the Idina concert! Saturday was a long day of sitting in uncomfortable chairs, but I enjoyed most of the speakers. It was very uplifting. I'm glad we went. The program ended in the afternoon and we headed over to Grandma Snowball's for a quick visit. I'm so glad I got to see her. She looked great and was in pretty good spirits. Love my Grandma. I felt very nostalgic being at her house. It looks exactly the same as it has my entire life and it was kind of comforting to see that nothing had changed.
We made it home in time for dinner. I was bushed and still not feeling good. We mostly just hung around until it was time to go to my cousin Lance's art show. I'm so glad we went! It was so fun to see more of the family and to see Lance's art up! Aunt LeeDean, Darryl and the twins were there. Plus Uncle Rick and Aunt Joyce! Loved it. We wandered around and looked at some of the other artist's displays and chatted with Lance. I also picked up the painting he had done for me. I love it! So beautiful!
After the art show We dropped off Jules and Dean at home and Joy and I picked up some Golden Spoon. Then we crashed at home and ate our froyo on the couch. It had been a long, good day. Sunday morning came way too soon! I still wasn't feeling well so I came home after sacrament meeting, but it is always nice to be back in my home ward and see people who have known me forever. Joy, Mom and I had to take a few pictures in our cute LuLaRoe dresses too. For funsies.
I took a pretty good nap after church and spent the rest of the afternoon resting, visiting and watching tv. We had an early Sunday dinner of corned beef and cabbage, which was fantastic. I hate making corned beef and cabbage but I like it when my dad makes it! Joy had to head home after dinner. I'm so so glad that she was able to come down and have a weekend getaway with me! Love me some sister time!

Monday morning I headed to the airport pretty early and flew home. I had such a wonderful time away! I loved spending time with my family, having girl time, being take care of and not having to cook. Happy Birthday to me!

On my actual birthday I had to teach joy school in the morning. It was fine. I had bought a little chocolate cake at Smith's and I made the kids sing me happy birthday. Haha! We celebrated St. Patrick's Day and my birthday and did a couple games with the letter X. Later that afternoon I watched one of our joy school friends while her mom went to the dentist. My friends and neighbors brought me candy, cupcakes, flowers, and cookie dough! I felt so loved. That night we went to dinner at In N Out with the Curnow's then came back to the house for ice cream cake. Yum. It was a good birthday. Cheers for being 33!

No comments: