Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Midwife

Today I had my first appointment with my nurse midwife. She is so wonderful and positive. She is the one who delivered Weston and I am excited to have her deliver boy #2 (which is what we are still calling him since we're really no closer to having picked out a name). I just switched from my doctor at Jordan Valley Hospital because I was fed up with the hour long wait every time I had a checkup and the 2 minutes consults I got with my actual doctor and the mile long walk from the construction zone parking lot at the hospital. It was so nice to be seen quickly, efficiently and warmly and Diana doesnt mind having Weston trot around the office during our visits since she was the first to see him in the flesh. Anyway, I just wanted to post my plug for CNMs and my content feeling that I took the step to switch back to one. I am much less concerned about this birth now that I know much more what to expect. 24 weeks and counting . . .

6 comments:

Carly said...

Crazy. I didn't know you had Weston with a midwife! I want to talk to you about it when I see you at Christmas (three weeks and counting!)

joyous said...

Yeah for midwives!! I love mine and see her for all non-pregnancy related business. If it wasn't for the whole diabetes thing, I would totally have her deliver my babies. However, since the practice is made up of two doctors and two midwives, the doctors attitudes are more along those lines anyway, so I feel like I get the best of both worlds. I'm glad you're happy with your doctor situation now. We're so excited to see you guys and have some fun!!

Tasha said...

I am hearing more and more good things about midwives . . . which is good because I hear that is the way to go with Kaiser - which is what we have now. I am not pregnant by any means, but that is what I plan to do with my next. I am happy to hear you have positive things to say too!

Olson Family said...

whats the difference between a midwife and a doctor? which one is better?!

Amy said...

I had to switch doctors when I was pregnant with Chloe! You have to find the doctor you're comfortable with...and of course I always wanted the office to be "cozy." I am so picky...but when you're pregnant...you have that right! haha

brie said...

Pregnant? WHAT!!! Congrats!