Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Yet another . . .

ear infection. :( Poor Weston has been sick on and off since Christmas. This latest bout has been all about the yucky cough. So today we went in and sure enough, his ears are infected again. The upside to multiple ear infections is that they are treatable with antibiotics. The downside is that toddlers think that antibiotics "medicine taste yucky" -Weston. Therefore, I always have to bribe Weston to swallow his medicine by saying he can have a cookie or chocolate milk or some other treat if he takes it all. This usually works. When it doesn't it ends in a crying moment for the both of us and usually a sticky moment as well when he spits the medicine all over himself and me. Here's to hoping that this latest round of meds will go down easily and he'll be feeling (and sleeping) like his sweet little self again soon.

7 comments:

joyous said...

Super sad. I feel for the poor kid. I'm sorry about the meds too. Does it always have to be the same kind? I wonder if there's a different brand that would taste better. Anyway, I hope he (and you) feel better soon!!

Glen & Kat said...

So sad...I feel your pain. Kaden just got over an ear infection. No fun!! P.S. At some pharmacies (at least here) they add a flavor of your choice to the medicine.

brie said...

You poor thing. Do you think the doc would consider tubes? Mine wouldn't let him get them until he'd had an infection more or less for two months straight, or if it came back after antibiotics...Cade took three courses of antibiotics, each one getting stronger than the last, and even had to get shots of potent doses, and it still never went away. When he got tubes yesterday the doc was amazed at how terrible his ears still were even after all the meds! I hope Weston doesn't have those same problems...and I hope he starts feeling better soon. When our babies aren't happy, we sure aren't happy either!

Carly said...

Poor Weston, I hope he feels better soon. It is just so dang cold right now!

Tara said...

Every kid I know is sick right now. We all feel your pain. Although I think Makenzie's snot central might be because she's getting her 2 year molars (she is drooling... which looks kind of funny at this point in her life).
Those letters were so easy. I got these cheap unfinished frames at Roberts, bought some cute scrapbook paper for the background and the little wood letters. Painted it all pink and added some ribbon. Everything is just attached with hot glue. You could do the same thing for a boy really cute... maybe minus the ribbon. I'm excited to see his room when you're done. I just love kids rooms.
Congrats on no more work! Yay!

Tara said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mel said...

so sad! :( hope he feels better soon too! we still on for dinner on the 27th? hope he feels like running around with jaden by then!:)