Monday dawned rainy and cold. Weston was up at 6:45 and therefore so was I. Ian and I took turns running errands without the kids all morning. Ian went and picked up our new patio furniture set, so that was pretty exciting, but it's not all set up yet. It will be so nice to have actual chairs to sit in instead of camp chairs. I will post pics when we get it all put together and outside. Ian and I both napped while the boys napped in the afternoon, then after naptime we went over to the church and played with Ian's RC truck and Weston brought his soccer ball. Last night we started watching National Treasure, but didn't make it through the whole thing before I decided I'd better get some sleep instead.
WARNING: the following paragraph is about Weston's constipation. If you have a weak stomach, do not read.
Weston was not feeling good all day Monday. Poor kid hadn't pooped since Friday, so every half hour or so he would fuss and say he didn't feel good and go lay down on the couch wanting me to tuck him in with his blanket and Elmo and Duckie. I figured running around at the church would get things moving for him, but he refused to poop. I thought for sure we would be up with him in the night, but he slept all night long. First thing this morning he was crying and curled up on the couch. Luckily late last night Ian went to the pharmacy and got a toddler enema. So we gave it to him this morning and he cried and didn't poop . . . STILL. I was waiting until 8 for the doctor's office to open so I could make him an appointment when he curled up and was actually pushing. After pushing for a few minutes he all of a sudden sat up and threw up all over the throw pillow (luckily only getting a tiny bit on the couch). It was pretty traumatic, but after the pooping and the throwing up he felt almost 100% better and has been fine the rest of the day. I have renewed determination to make sure he eats lots of fruit and fiber. :)
Hubby and me in our living room.
Weston being tickled by and playing with Becca and Alann Saturday night.Weston making good use of his bubble gun Sunday afternoon
7 comments:
my memorial day was pretty lame too! no worries! and five weston some love.... nothing is worse then not being able to poop!
I think that all we did over the weekend was EAT and the Eat some more! Cute hair BTW did you cut it?
I'm so glad at least Weston finally. . . . you know :-) I had a rather nice Memorial Day weekend and enjoyed our time both in Pt. Hueneme and home on Monday. Sadly, today was an awful day. The only relief for me now is summer! Wish me luck. . only 12 and 1/2 more day and counting. Somebody make me a paper chain!!
Love, Grandma B
Hey Shannon, it was nice to hear from you. Your family is sooo darling. I added you to my friends so I'll keep in touch Lynsey
I can't wait to see your patio set! Did you get the good bubbles for Weston?!? I should look for a bubble gun for the girls, that is way easier than trying to hold the bottle while they try to blow. :)
Give Weston and Davin an extra hug and kiss from their auntie, I'm glad Weston's feeling better. We love you lots!!
(Cute pics too)
WARNING: the following comment is about Larissa's constipation. If you have a weak stomach, do not read.
Shannon, I had a similar experience with Larissa when she was 6 weeks old. She was only nursing but couldn't poop. She would grunt and fuss but nothing would move. I had been attending La Leche League meetings and was determined to only give my daughter breast milk.
My mom suggested I give her some water with a little molassas in it. This was almost unthinkable but I was desperate to give my baby some relief. So, I did.
Unfortunately, it was the same day as I had an appointment for her pictures to be taken.
She pooped so much, she soiled her three cutest outfits before we arrived at the photographer's (the third one was on the way). We were late for our appointment but were able to get some cute pictures.
And I learned to not be so overzealous in my La Leche League practice.
Love your pix. Sherrie
Ooo a new patio set? We definitely want to come bbq with you guys and try it out, but we have shows this weekend. I'll call ya and we can figure something out!
Makenzie was recently constipated, too. The results turned nasty. I won't go there.
I love that pic of you guys on the hammock. You two little lovebirds are just so cute!!
Post a Comment