Tuesday, May 13, 2008

You're It!

Answer 3 things to each section
.
20 years ago I...
1) was 5 years old
2) had just moved to La Habra
3) was finishing my last 6 weeks of kindergarten at a new school
.
10 years ago I...
1) was a sophomore in high school and was super busy with Drill Team, swimming (sorta), and 2 choirs
2) went to my first and worst formal dance (with an ex). . .word of advice, never go to a formal dance with an ex even if you had already made the plans before you broke up. I spent the entire night evading him trying to kiss me. Blah.
3) was really starting to figure life out and find my testimony of my Savior and the Gospel.
.
5 years ago I..
1) was a sophomore at BYU and had just started dating Ian.
2) already knew I was going to marry him
3) worked all summer at FHSS Computer Support, the most easy/boring/well-paying job at BYU. :)
.
3 years ago I..
1) was feeling secretly grateful that my decision about my Rec Therapy internship had been made for me by Ian getting offered an internship in New York, which we were leaving for in just a few days!
2) was pregnant with Weston, but didn't know it yet
3) was blonde. (i did not make an attractive blonde)
.
1 year ago I...
1) was getting settled into my first real house!
2) working 2 part time jobs. blah.
3) was sleeping through the night. :)
.
So far this year I have...
1) given birth for the second time.
2) redecorated/refurnished my bedroom.
3) not yet slept through the night. blah.
.
Yesterday I...
1) had flashbacks to dating/early marriage with Ian when Weston and I got a frog as a pet. (RIP Crap for Brains)
2) did 2 loads of laundry
3) tried out a new recipe, modified the new recipe and it was delicious!
.
Today I....
1) went to the library with the kids.
2) vacuumed the house
3) fed both my kids twice (aren't I such an amazing mom?!?)
.
Tomorrow I will...
1) mop the floors
2) take Weston to the petting zoo
3) get way excited for Joy to come on Thursday!
.
In the next year I may...
1) fit into my american eagle jeans again
2) get Weston potty trained!
3) sleep through the night (sorry it's a running theme, it's kind of a forefront of my life right now)
.
i tag: Carly, Tasha and Sara


6 comments:

Sherrie said...

Cute! I'm impressed with how candid you are. Please don't ask me to respond, I'm still claiming 21 and I don't want anyone to be able to figure out the truth. Love you.

joyous said...

That was way fun to read, Shan. And thanks for not tagging me....I'm so bad at these things. :)

Shewi128 said...

Yeah, we should totally double date when you're in town. Just let me know ahead of time when you kids are out here! :)

Anonymous said...

Is someone NOT sleeping through the night. . .or even close? I learn so much from your blogs. Keep it up and also thanks for not tagging me. I really can't even remember what I did yesterday let alone 1,3, 5 or 10 years ago.

I love you, Mom

Tasha said...

You are funny. I sure do hope you get sleep sometime soon!! GOod luck though. The first year of a baby's life is tuff!! (And with a 2 year old too). I do not do well without sleep. It is the thing I dread with more children.

Carly said...

I had fun doing this! Thanks :)