It has been a busy week. I stayed home for much of it, but it was still somehow busy. The highlight of my week was when my new vacuum arrived on Thursday afternoon. I was desperate to try it out, so I turned on a movie for the kids and assembled it myself. Go me! Then I enlisted Weston's "help" to tidy the house and spent the next 20 minutes savoring the sounds of little crumb particles being sucked up by a powerful beast. Needless to say I LOVE my new toy. :) It is much quieter, much more powerful, significantly heavier, and way more awesome than my old vacuum. In case you are interested it is the Eureka Boss
Smartvac. Seriously my carpets looked A-
mazing after the maiden voyage of this bad boy.

On Friday the boys and I went to Target where I ONLY bought 2 birthday toys for Davin. I was very proud of myself for making it out of the store without spending money on anything else. Again, go me. Yesterday afternoon we went and picked up Ian at work and drove down to Provo for a fun night out at the
BYU. I dressed both the kids in their
BYU outfits and had to take a picture before their hair got all messed up and their outfits peed on. My cute future
Cougs.

We dropped of Davin at my Aunt Pam's house for the evening, but took Weston along for the night. He was very patient as we dropped off our wedding rings to be cleaned at the jeweler where we bought them. Then we had dinner at our favorite place, Burger Supreme. Yummy stuff.

After going back to the jewelers to pick up our rings we went to the Marriott Center to watch the women's gymnastic meet against Utah. Weston had no idea what gymnastics even was, but I explained it was girls doing flips. He was suitably impressed, I think. One of our main goals in taking Weston to the gymnastics meet was to get some up close and personal time with Cosmo (since gymnastics is a significantly less crowded event than the sold out basketball game we took Weston to last time). Cosmo mostly hung around low in the stands, so Ian took Weston down to see him. It was by far the best part of Weston's week. He told me all about how he gave Cosmo a double high five and said HI and that Dad took a picture. I watched the whole thing from our higher up spot in the stands. Weston loved it.

Weston's stamina kind of ran out at that point, so we only lasted another 15 minutes or so after seeing Cosmo, but that's
ok. We saw most of the meet.

I had told Weston that we would probably go get a fun treat after the meet, so that gave him his second wind. We went to the Creamery, but after taking one glance at the line that wound and then went out the door we decided to see if one of our other treat haunts was still in business. Success! Smart Cookie was still there and still as delicious as ever. Bonus they now sold multiple flavors of ice cream, so Weston got his green (mint chip) ice cream cone and Ian and I got their fabulous ice cream cookie sandwich. It really was lots of fun to be out and about with just Weston. He was in need of some parental attention after a few days of me holding Dav all day long. We went back to Aunt Pam's to pick up Davin and ended up visiting for a little bit while Weston played with toys. What a trooper . . . Weston lasted until 10pm! It was kind of a late night, but we had a blast. Can't wait for our jaunt to Provo next month for a baseball game!
12 comments:
OK, I loved all these pics of the boys and the BYU gear . . . even if we're Ute fans in our house :-)
I love Weston's face in the Cosmo picture.
How nice of your boy to give Cosmo a high five as opposed to the finger I once gave him.
I love that you took Weston to see gymnastics! I am SO doing that with Sydney when she's a little bigger.
i love a good vacuum! that really is exciting. i love the idea of little "dates" with each child, thats so fun you got in some quality time with weston.
what a bummer davins been sick and rained on your birthday parade! glad to hear he's feeling a little better...you probably deserve a special treat since you were busy mommying on your special day!
awww...hooray for good times in provo. :) and youve definitely got me all curious about your vacuum.....i may have to check it out, im definitely not in love with the one i have.
I think Burger Supreme is super yummy too!
Glad you had fun. We took Owen to a gymnastics meet too recently...actually against BYU. He was so excited in the beginning and then he started to FALL ASLEEP! I guess keeping him up for this fun activity kind of back fired. :)
Wohoo!!! What a fun weekend you guys had. I love the vacuum. You're such a nut. Cosmo is really best. It was so fun to cheer for the Cougars again this weekend. :)
How fun! Weston's so lucky to have such great parents. I'm glad Davin's doing better and that Ian still has a job. I say prayers of gratitude every day that Glen still has one.
Despite our recent tragic ending to our season, I still can't help but mutter a rah, rah, rah, rah, rah, Goooooo cougars! I even wore my Cougar shirt today come to think of it. We are counting down the days to where we can monthly enjoy events at the school which we love so much. Until then we will continue to parade around Aggie territory proclaiming our true devotion.
SO FUN!!! You are such great parents. I loved seeing them in their BYU shirts :) GO BYU!!! I can't wait for you to go see BYU Baseball either. Pick a night Blake pitches (that is usually a Friday night. At least right now)That was pretty awesome that Weston got some good one on one time with Cosmo. I wish we lived closer to BYU and got to do more oftheir fun events.
Oh, and that Vacuum looks awesome!! I love getting a new vacuum :)
Post a Comment