Sunday, March 15, 2009

Partyin' it Up!

Last night we went out with friends for my 26th birthday (which is not actually until St. Patrick's Day). It was such a blast. We started the night with dinner at Cafe Rio, then headed to the bowling alley. There was about an hour wait for a lane, so we filled the time wasting money on arcade games. I played skeeball. :) It makes me happy.

Ian and Justin played a couple intense games of air hockey. Ian was the champ.
Justin and Tara's hoop rivalry. Justin won, but only by 2 baskets. Go Tara!
I was kind of naughty and got a tattoo for my birthday! Hot stuff at 26. ;)
(It was actually purchased for me with our combined arcade game tickets, and, no mother, I didn't wear it to church today)
Let the bowling begin! We all did pretty well. This was my victory dance after a strike. The guys all finished within 6 points of each other (110, 113, 116). The girls had more of a spread. We all had a good time.
Me and my honey (oh and creeper face Justin).
My completely awesome girlfriends. I am so lucky these girls like me.
After our first game of bowling, Tara and Justin headed out to go pick up their kids, but Wynn and Dawnie stayed and bowled another game with us. We all actually improved our scores. There's something I just love about bowling. I am so glad that we got to have such a fun night. Thanks y'all!

12 comments:

joyous said...

Yay for a super fun night out!! What a fun group too. Love the tat. Bowling is seriously the best.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for not wearing your tattoo to church!! Happy Birthday to you :-) Looks like a fun evening for all!!

Hilary said...

Looks like fun! Happy birthday soon!

Jared and Delia said...

How fun. Happy Birthday!

Dawnie said...

Yesterday was so much fun! I love your naughty tattoo picture ;) I can't wait for us to hang out again! Wynn wants me to tell you how proud he is of HIS 158 score. blah blah blah. Love you!

Glen & Kat said...

Why is it that bowling is so much fun, even when you're horrible (that would be me)? It looks like you had a blast and I hope you have a great day tomorrow.

jilljohnson said...

Happy Birthday tomorrow!! Looks like you had a great time. It is so great to get out with firends and get to be like kids again since you don't have your own kids around.

Tasha said...

So So SOOOO fun!!! I am glad you got to do something fun for your birthday. I have been thinking about you already. Hopefully I get to send you an email tomorrow . . . but I am heading to my Mom's . . .so if not . . . HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! I will definatly be thinking about you. It is never hard for me to forget your birthday since it is St. Patricks day :)

sara said...

That looks like such a fun night! I'm glad you could go out with friends for your birthday! Way to celebrate lots for your b-day. :)

Liz Smith said...

fun! happy birthday!!!!!!

The Wrens said...

Happy birthday Shannon!! You look fabulous girl :)

Kim said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Glad you had a fun night out!