Trip #1: Olson Family Reunion in Southern UT
We are having an Olson Family Reunion in June. I am so excited. We are staying at this really great ranch and the price includes our room and all our food. Back in September we paid a deposit and I thought that we just all would pay our balance when we got there, but it turns out that since we are big group we needed to pay the balance in April. So my Aunt LeeDean is in charge of collecting the money. This isn't really a deal, but I though that we still owed about $500 for the trip, but it turns out that the balance is only $330. Woohoo! Doable.
Trip #2: Aly and Ryan's Wedding in OR
As I mentioned Aly is getting married and we, of course, need to be there. Driving takes too long since Ian only has one day off for this trip and is really intense (13 hours). Luckily airplane tickets for summer are pretty cheap to be found and we were all going to be able to fly to and from the wedding for about $500. But it's still $500 that we didn't really have. Again, luckily, Denny got bumped from her return flight home from our house two weeks ago and got a $360 voucher for her trouble. She very generously donated her voucher to our wedding trip fund and I bought all of our plane tickets last night for only $154 out of pocket. Yay!
Trip #3: Anniversary trip to CA in November
A few months ago Ian and I attended a timeshare presentation and, in return for wasting the sales peoples' time, received 2 plane tickets to LA and $40 at Olive Garden. It isn't a completely cost free trip. We have to pay the taxes and fees for the plane tickets, but all in all I paid $95 for the two of us to have a mini 2 day getaway to CA for our anniversary. Now, someone to watch the kids . . . any takers?
So, all our trips ended up costing less than I anticipated and they are all going to be paid for in the next 30 days, which will be nice for when they actually come up.
I have not had the opportunity to do any other good shopping this week since Ian has been working late late late (like until 2-3am) for the past 3 days. Major bummer. We really miss him. Weston prays at dinner for "Daddy to get home safe" even when Daddy is home now sometimes. I am going a little nuts being alone so much. On top of that it has been cold and snowy almost this entire week. It's doing nothing for my attitude. I'm hanging in there though and looking forward to a relaxing Conference weekend with Ian home. I might even still sneak off and do a little clothes shopping after all.
Here are a couple pictures from our time hanging out at home this week.
The kids had a blast playing on the Aerobed. I blew it up to make sure it didn't have any holes or anything. As you can see, we even had a few hours of sunshine yesterday morning.
11 comments:
Fun! I wish I had some vacations planned that were already paid for!
it's awesome to have all your trips paid for in advance cuz then when you go it almost feels like it's a free vacation. :D you guys will have tons of fun. and dont worry, i totally feel your pain about the weather and trying to hang in there. though surprisingly it sounds like utah has gotten hammered more so than chicago this spring! (i wont say this year because i dont think you guys got the -30 degree weather :P) ugh! i cannot wait till summer is here and it's all about spending the day at the pool. ahhh...happy thoughts. :)
Those are some smoking deals. I love Lands End too. I actually ordered that same suit in blue! So funny. I got it, put it on and realized my torso is longer than I thought. Let's just say that the cups were a little to low. ;) I hope you have better luck!
Thanks for the comforting words. You are a good friend.
That's really great all those trips didn't end up costing alot!!! Go you.
I am glad that all of your trips ended up be cheaper than you thought!! But, no fun for having to pay for them all right now. That really is no fun. Keep hanging in there with the cold weather and Ian being gone to much. I don't like weeks like that either.
I'm glad your flight to Oregon ended up being so cheap. We're excited to see you all here, even for a short trip.
Wow you guys are traveling all over the place and getting all three trips for less than the normal price of one! That's awesome, you guys must be paying your tithing or something. :)
What a bunch of funny boys. I love that picture of Weston on the bed, his grin is too cute. It was great chatting with you tonight, we'll try to skype tomorrow!
I like Lands End too. It is usually hard for me to find right size (especially pants) but they have variety of size. I still have to buy kids size though. And it is awesome to have your trips paid before you go.
You have some fun trips planned! I can't wait for the June Reunion! It is going to be a lot of fun. I can't wait to get all the kiddos together to play!
Hey Shannon! Cute blog :) Your kids are adorable! I'm a bargain hunter too but mainly with clothes. I should broaden my horizons.
Post a Comment