Sunday, April 19, 2009

Running Around

We've kept busy the last few days, but nothing overly noteworthy. Mostly just running around. I really wanted to have a girls' night on Friday, but since I have no friends it didn't happen. Ok, I have some friends, but it's not like in my single days where I had built in friends to hang out whenever I needed them. It takes much more careful planning now that I'm an adult and have a husband and children to coordinate with and all my friends do too. It seems like the impromptu shopping night or dollar girl movie is a thing of the past. Sigh. Sad. Anyway it was fine.

Saturday I went swimming in the morning. It was fabulous. I hate to confess, but I haven't been going to my swimming class with any consistency for months. They just started swimming outside again this week. I love to swim outside. It is so much more fun and energizing than swimming laps indoors. Blah. So, yes, Saturday morning was great. I kind of never sat down from there. I went home, got myself and the kids ready for the day. I took both kids (because Ian was on a service call with Mac about our computer's logic board issues) to the dollar store so Weston could spend his Easter dollar. He got a really cute yellow fireman hat. Then we went to Blockbuster. I wanted to rent "Bedtime Stories" for our movie night, but it was all gone. Bummer. Finally we went to the grocery store for some milk and pears.

Since I couldn't find the movie I wanted for our family activity that night, I decided to take Weston with me to Target to buy "Kung Fu Panda." He was supposed to get it in his Easter basket, but when I went to buy it on sale for $6.99 at Target they were sold out. I got a raincheck though, so we bought it this weekend. After lunch we all went to the Gateway to take the computer to the Mac store. Weston loves to play on the kid computers they have there, so he hung with Dad at the computer store while I took Dav to bargain hunt at Old Navy. It was totally successful. I bought Weston several shirts for the Fall in 4T. I also got the boys matching polos for their pictures. I even found Weston a shirt for .99! In addition to the great deals I found, it was a gorgeous day, so we spent some time running around by the fountains. Some other kids were getting their picture taken by the fountains. Weston didn't want to be left out. He requested this picture.
Last night we got a pizza and all sat down to watch Kung Fu Panda. Weston normally has an abnormally long attention span for movies. Especially if we are watching with him. Last night was a different story. He was bouncing off the walls. Making tons of noise. Refused to sit down. The whole plan kind of backfired. It was fun to hear Weston make up a pizza party song and sing it all afternoon though. Not a complete loss, I guess.

We had a really nice Sunday. It was another gorgeous day. We walked to church for the first time this year. I didn't have to teach. The kids were decently behaved. I had a YW presidency meeting after church with our newly full presidency. It was nice. When I got home, Davin was napping. We ate lunch and started "The Sound of Music." I do love that movie. It was fun to watch it together. Weston half watched, half played, but he was totally into the puppet show part with the yodeling. We had honey lime enchiladas for dinner, which I made kid free while they were playing outside with Ian. Not a bad weekend. Hooray for swimming outside again tomorrow morning!

This is a random picture that I just had to include because the boys looked so cute watching Mickey Mouse Clubhouse together wearing their ears.

5 comments:

Hilary said...

I love the Mouse Ears! We leave for Disneyland in 19 days (not that I'm counting), and this got me even MORE excited! (If that's possible!)
If it wasn't for my sisters, I don't think I'd EVER get around to 'Girls Nights' . . . and most of the time we actually bring my girls with us! I have dozens of people I count as friends, but it's funny how the 'hanging out' thing changes so dramatically when the dynamics of family and stuff all change!

joyous said...

Our GNOs take almost a week advance notice. But if we don't plan them, you're right, they never happen. Evite is a great and easy way to plan them too.

Your boys are too cute. I love that you spent time together as a family. We actually had some good family time this weekend, not sure what the difference was, but it was fun.

Glen & Kat said...

How fun. Yay for great deals and swimming! As a side note, thanks for that enchilada recipe. I don't know if I ever told you how much Glen and Kaden love them....but they do :)

Masaki said...

It was nice to see you again in the morning.

Grandma B said...

I love that they wear their Mickey Mouse ears while watching Mickey Mouse Playhouse. That's priceless. I knew those ears would come in handy, even if they didn't wear them all day at Disneyland. Cute boys. . . I sure miss them.