Friday, June 12, 2009

A Quickie Visit

Mel and Brad came to stay with us on Wednesday night this week! It was a short notice, quick trip for them. They decided to drive down and attend their friend's wedding, but came a little early to hang out with us. I made Mel's requested Chicken Mex Casserole and we ate without the menfolk. Brad went to Alex's bachelor party and Ian ended up working all night. He did come home for a couple hours later in the evening for a sandwich and a shower, but then he went back and didn't come home. Poor guy was TIRED on Thursday.
Anyway, it was so much fun to get some good sister time in. I miss my Mel! We caught her up on our new fav show, "Better Off Ted," and talked and ate cookies. Melanie was kind enough to tell Weston about how I used to play Sumo with her and Jules, so naturally she taught Weston and he didn't want it to ever end. She definitely is currently "Favorite Auntie."
The next morning the Curnow's headed off to the wedding and I hung with the kids. They came back and visited for a little bit longer and off they went back to Idaho. Sad. Luckily we will see them again in just a couple weeks when we go to the family reunion.
In other New York news, I thought I would be clear that there will be no children on this trip. We had planned to leave them with a friend, but then when I was talking to my mom about the trip she willingly volunteered to fly up and stay with them. So Grandma B will be on grandkids duty while Ian and I go on our trip. Thanks for giving her up for Father's Day Dad! :) Also I am way excited that we are going to stay at the Marriott Marquis. It should be nice. We will work on planning out a loose itinerary this weekend while we celebrate Father's Day for Ian.

Finally I am so happy to report that I got my hair done last night and it looks great! I always go to the same girl, but sometimes I still don't love it as much. I got blond highlights put in, a couple inches chopped off, and my bangs re-cut. It actually ended up being cheaper than I thought too. I suspect that Debbie just charged me less because she is awesome and nice. Either way I am very happy with it.

5 comments:

Mom said...

Umm. . . where is the picture of this new hairdo??? You can't say you have a new hairdo without a picture!! Looks like a fun quickie trip with Auntie Mel and Uncle Brad. Maybe you girls can reinact the sumo wrestlers this summer in St. George. Put on the agenda ;-) See you soon!!

Liz Smith said...

ok, definitely need to see pics of the hair. :)

how fun to get to hang with your sis! i dont recall ever knowing melanie, is she older than joy? i remember joy and vaguely remember julianna, she was way young then. anyways, that's great that you are all so close. i love sister time! :D

Jared and Delia said...

How fun that you get to go on a SUPER date with your husband with no kids. How nice to have that time to reconnect and relax!

Can't wait to see your new do!

joyous said...

Looks like a fun visit with Auntie Mel!! Can't wait to see your new, short do. I was thinking about getting my hair done too before reunion, we'll see. :)

The Curnow Family said...

We had such a fun time hanging out with you guys! It was a fast trip but we really had a good time... minus running in the rain!! haha