Friday, October 30, 2009

Are You Ready?

Chili+Cupcakes+Costumes+Games+Candy=Halloween Fun!

Yummy Chili
(I put together this recipe after looking through about 50 chili recipes on allrecipes.com, so I think it's fairly original)

1 lb. ground beef
1 can kidney beans drained
1 can chili beans
1 can diced tomatoes
1 small can tomato paste
1 small can tomato sauce
1/2 onion chopped
2 t. minced garlic
3 T. chili powder
1 t. salt
pepper to taste
2 t. cumin
1 t. oregano
1 c. water

Brown the meat in the pot. Drain if needed. Add the chopped onions. Sautee for a couple minutes. Add beans, tomatoes, water and spices. Let simmer for as long as you have before you need to serve. The longer the better. Serves 12. Also freezes well.

I am making this for our ward's chili cookoff/Halloween party. I am also doing the cakewalk and helping my kids play all the games and trunk or treat at the end. I sure hope it is a fun time. I'm looking forward to it. I'll post pictures of all our Halloween weekend antics later. Hope you all have a fun, safe weekend!

7 comments:

Shan said...

Growing up we ALWAYS had chili on Halloween. I love it! Yours sounds great!

Tasha said...

Wahoo! Go you on this chili. I am going to have to try it soon. It sounds yummy! Have fun at your activity. I cannot wait to see pictures :)

Doug said...

I would add some time of pepper, bell or jalepeno if you like a kick.

Doug said...

type*

Jared and Delia said...

Yum! I will have to try this...maybe tonight! I am not a chili person but Jared and Owen are, so I really needed a chili recipe since I don't keep one on hand...ya know - me, not the chili type. ;)

Liz Smith said...

Happy Halloween!

Lindsey said...

It is Chilli weather out there! I will use this recipe asap!