You've got to accentuate the positiveMelanie was always particularly hilarious while doing the actions very dramatically. It's a good little song though and it still gets stuck in my head.
Eliminate the negative
Latch on to the affirmative
Don't mess with Mister In-Between
You've got to spread joy up to the maximum
Bring gloom down to the minimum
Have faith or pandemonium's
Liable to walk upon the scene
Today it isn't all that hard to be positive since I'm having a good, easy day (so far). Nonetheless I wanted to let you all know what I am thankful for today.
-Of course, working plumbing! (we've been up and running since about 1pm yesterday. Since that time I have done 6 loads of laundry and 2 loads in the dishwasher. I was busy.)
-clean clothes and a clean house
-cute, good kids
-Debbie (my hairdresser!) because I love my new cut and color
-Ian's job
-that Sammie stopped throwing up
-pretty Fall leaves
-pumpkin chocolate chip cookies (that I'm baking this afternoon)
-my cute Young Women! We went bowling last night and had such a good time.
-sunshine
-my piano
-Real Simple
-Weston's preschool (can't beat $20/month!)
-the library
-naptime
Well I think that's my list for now. There are obviously more things that I am grateful for in my life, but really the full and complete list would probably exceed the space limits for a post. Thanks for all your sympathy and well wishes during our sad little no-plumbing weekend.
What are YOU thankful for today???
12 comments:
That's such a cute little verse. It would be nice if I could have that memorized and say it as I went about my day...I'm so glad you have your water back on! That's the thing about going through something like that, it makes you even more grateful for what you do have. I'm grateful for a roof over my head, a husband with a job, electricity, and 2 working cars to drive. (And a lot of other stuff)
I seriously needed this. I just got back from shopping and tired of always being stressed about money. So, today I am thankful for:
1.that it is sunny and in the 70's
2. That theboys have actually been pretty good today
3. Netflix
4. I don't have too many obligations this week and can kind of do what I want.
5. That I have the church in my life and even more then that but a testimony that it is true.
6. A sewing machine that works
The list could go on. Thanks for helping me to look for the positive!
candy corns :)
i am thankful for...
the fact that i have a job (even though i hate it right now) i just need to keep reminding myself i have it and to suck it up
gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous maple leaves and perfect weather to enjoy them outside!
A library I can walk to, homemade soup in cold weather, a sweet baby, and a helpful husband.
I want the recipe for the cookies, I want to make them tomorrow! It was nice to talk to you today!
I'm grateful for good friends, like you!
that's a great list. i love doing this. some of mine: amazing husband, steady income, roof over our heads, gospel, temple, chocolate, autumn, shopping, beautiful days, good friends, amazing family. im esp grateful for awesome uplifting blog posts like this one to remind me of all the things we should be grateful for. :D
Some of the things I'm grateful for: temp work
chocolate
having my mom and dad close
chocolate
my darling kids and husband AND chocolate!
i am grateful for fall foods! Fall squash is delish!
You are so sweet Shannon. Thanks for the reminder to be grateful. I am so glad you have running water! Whoo hoo! WOw...$20 a month for preschool. That is amazing!
That's quite the list you came up with. I do love that song. I sing it all the time and I made my YW sing it too. :) I'm grateful for insurance, Jim's great job, my beautiful girls, my pump, and my family! Love you tons!
Post a Comment