Today I took the boys down to Provo again to pick up my like-new wedding ring! It is so fun and beautiful. The picture doesn't do it justice at all. You know how after you've been married for a few (or several) years and you see some newly engaged girl's sparkly diamond ring? You inevitably look down at your own left ring finger and find that, if you're wearing your wedding ring at all, your ring looks slightly faded and less sparkly. You may notice the tiny pieces of last night's dinner stuck underneath from when you did the dishes this morning, etc. It's a little sad.
For the past almost 2 years I have hardly worn my ring at all. Mainly because it didn't really fit and it was uncomfortable to wear. I really wanted to get it re-sized so that could wear it again, but I figured it would be fairly expensive. Not so. It was under $100 to get it re-sized, finally have my engagement ring and wedding band soldered together, have it re-
rhodiumed, and deep cleaned. Now my left hand is dazzling again. It's so fun. As I was driving home from Provo today I caught myself admiring it in the sun just like I used to do when I was newly engaged. So thank you Ian! I love my Christmas present! It's like you gave me a brand new diamond ring (for a LOT less $$$).

While we were down in Provo I took the boys to the Monte L. Bean Museum. I figured since Davin loved the animal room at the La
Habra Children's Museum so much, he would be in heaven at the Bean Museum. He totally was. He ran around not know what to point and "wow" at next. Weston also thought it was pretty cool. We breezed through it pretty fast, but I think it was a successful trip. Davin could have spent his entire day in there and screamed when I dragged him out to the car. Weston's favorite thing was the zebra. They are pretty to look at.

By the time we finished up at the museum we were all getting hungry, so we parked and walked over to have lunch in the
Wilk. It was good times. The kids actually ate ALL their Taco Bell food. It was amazing. I told Weston stories about when Daddy and I used to go to college there, showed him the Brigham Young statue, and we walked through the bookstore and got a treat. What a fun Provo outing.
I also can't get over how glad I am that I don't have to do any shopping! I love not feeling pressured at all that next week is Christmas. I do have one more batch of chocolate bread to bake, all the presents to wrap, I have to go to the mall to get our Christmas See's, and get our Christmas cards out, but I'm not stressed. I'm just enjoying the season. I hope you all are too!
11 comments:
My ring became too small when I was preggo with Luke. I hated not wearing it until I finally got it resized. I was able to wear it my whole pregnancy with matt. i was worried I would get too swollen again. Hopefully, yours will continue to fit through your future pregnancies too! It sucks not wearing it, bc I always think people think I got pregnany and I am not married
What a fun outing to Provo! And your ring looks gorgeous. Was it really that long ago? I just don't feel like it was. :) Merry Christmas! (p.s. I need your address for Christmas/ New Year's cards).
I love seeing your ring again. I wish I could have been to the museum with you just to listen and watch Davin's reaction. I'll just picture it from your visit in November. The holidays are really fun when you are in control and not stressed out. I'm feeling rather "middle school-free" right now and it makes me rather happy!!
Your ring is so gorgeous and shiny! I don't even wear mine most days. I feel like the kids I have in tow say it all ;)
Lovely! Doesn't it feel good? I got a new diamond when Taylor graduated (a promise we made when we bought the original). I still can't stop staring and it's been 6 months.
your ring looks great! i have been meaning to go get my rings re-dipped as well, in fact, maybe i will go get that done today since it's been on my to-do list...i always love how new and shiny they look after that.
oh, and congrats on the new car!!!! yay!!!!!!!
Love how the ring looks! You've had a fabulous Christmas already :) I took Kaden to that museum when we were up there in January and he loved it too. I think it's such a great place for kids.
I hope next Friday isn't a let down for you after the fun week you've had! Your ring looks great and I can't even tell you how jealous I am that you can take your kids to BYU for an afternoon outing. (Just not so jealous of the snow.) Enjoy the last few days of counting down!
You're ring does look pretty and now I want to get mine cleaned!! :) I love being done with christmas and not having to deal with all the craziness! But I'm so ready to see you and can't wait!
It sounds like you are on cloud nine Shannon! Glad you are enjoying the season!
Post a Comment