Saturday, February 6, 2010

Dinner

Sometimes I am awesome at menu planning. Sometimes I'm not. I have been doing ok lately, but my next 2 week menu doesn't really start until Monday when I go grocery shopping, so I am limping through the weekend. Last night we had quesadillas and canned corn. Tonight I really had to dig. I started with a box of stuffing in the pantry that had been there for who-knows-how long, then loosely followed the recipe on the back with the stuff I could find in my house. Here's what we used.

1 box stuffing+1 can cream of celery soup+a couple spoonfuls of light sour cream+1/3 bag of frozen corn+1 cooked, cubed chicken breast=DINNER. Done. I hope it tastes decent.

I really can't wait until I grocery shop on Monday. I'm sure my family is excited too.

5 comments:

Delia said...

Ha ha. That sounds pretty good to me for being thrown together with just what you have on hand.

Kim said...

So one thing I do for dinners is I buy a bag of potatoes and that gets me so many meals that I spread out over two weeks, brinner (breakfast for dinner with cubed potatoes for hashbrowns), baked potatoes, baked potato soup, funeral potatoes, potato wedges with differnt herbs and olive oil, mashed potatoes and gravy with biscuits, .... and there is one more..... anyways I love it because I doesn't require meat and I still get a hearty meal. Plus a lot of those meals call for sour cream so I buy a big one at costco and it last me two weeks too. Anyways that is one of my tricks.

joyous said...

I feel your pain. I planned some meals for the next week and then went shopping. Got home and realized that I had forgotten the main ingredient for two out of the four meals!!! Idiot.

jilljohnson said...

I know that feeling every month at the end I am usually out of grocery money so the last few dinners are very creative.

Mom said...

Your getting your creative dinner talent from Dad. Dad's so good at creating something for dinner out of whatever we have around. I'm counting on him when we have to use our food storage. Tonight we had Kurt and Julianna for dinner and had carne asada tacos with all the good trimmings. . .yum :-) We also played Bananagrams, but I couldn't win a round to save my soul. I think I need to play more often. I'm so rusty! Happy grocery shopping Monday. I have that day off. Sleeping in is in my future that day ;-)