Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Musings

Nothing eventful is going on this week. Just our normal stuff. Today Weston got his hair cut. He sure is handsome. He loves getting his hair cut and is really really good at holding still and doing whatever the hairdresser asks. I think sometimes he wants to whine about it (for example, he really doesn't like when they spray his hair with the water bottle), but I am always bragging about how good he is for haircuts that he doesn't want to ruin his streak, you know? It's a pride thing, but it works in everyone's favor.
We went to Sam's Club. It was a dull trip. No samples. I couldn't find the frozen edamame that Ian wanted. Which means we will also have to go to Costco at some point. I played Go Fish with Weston again. We have played every day since he got it. Not that I'm complaining. It's much more fun for me than Chutes and Ladders or Memory. And it makes Weston happy. We read lots of Dr. Seuss today. I still love Dr. Seuss.

I worked on my blog book. Can I tell you how excited I am to finish it, get it printed, and pore over it??? I have about 50 pages left to do. I know that sounds like a lot, but out of 274 pages it's getting pretty close.

If any of you are interested in doing a blog book . . . I am using blurb.com. I am not a huge fan of the Booksmart software that you use for editing the book. It's slow and draggy. I have to wait a couple seconds for it to catch up on almost every move I make. Also, be prepared to have to spend a significant amount of time on editing. When blurb imports your blog it sets it up in a default layout. The default layout is ugly and wastes a LOT of space. Luckily Booksmart is not hard to figure out. It is time consuming though. This book will only be June 2007-December 2008. I will have to do a whole other book for 2009.

Anyway, Ian has been working late. I have been staying up too late watching the Olympics. Poor Canada losing hockey. They won ice dance though! As I've been working on my blog book and re-reading through all my old posts I've been getting nostalgic. It's mostly fun, but it's making me really miss my good friend Dawnie. I had forgotten how much we hung out and how well we got along. I haven't found a replacement for her yet and it's been almost a year. Weston saw the pictures from Mason's party on the computer while I was editing that post and told me we should move to Arizona so we could live by Dawnie and Mason again. :) Miss you Dawnie!

Ian is coming home for dinner tonight, then going back to the office, so I was planning on making one of his favorite meals. I discovered I was missing a key ingredient when I went to put it together. I made up my own chicken sauce instead. I hope he still likes it.

I want to go on a marathon date this weekend. Double feature at the movies with dinner in between. I need some theater time before the Oscars on March 7th. Anyone want to babysit for us? We'll trade you!

I guess that was a little long. Sorry. I've been lacking in adult conversation lately.

6 comments:

Cami said...

Yeah BookSmart is annoying to format but it's totally worth it when you get the book done! The software doesn't drag on my computer and I hear it can be helpful to save the book on an external drive instead of on your hard drive to make it run faster, though I don't know much more specifics on that. Keep it up!

Delia said...

I wish we could trade you. We need a date night too. I am so glad you posted about using blurb. I want to do that but for 2010. We LOVE edamame! YUM. We plan on growing it in our garden this year too. I too don't like Chutes and Ladders so much. I am really loving doing puzzles with Owen lately though.

I watched the Canadians win ice dancing last night. I think they deserved it. They seriously floated on the ice. It was so cool to watch.

Liz Smith said...

i hope you get your date night!!!

Dad O. said...

If you drop them off I'll babysit!

Emilee said...

I have a friend who has four kids aged five and under. And her husband is a medical resident, so he's always gone. She said that she turns the 10 hour Pride & Prejudice on for background noise because then she feels like she's around adult conversation. I don't have that, but I took her tip and I turn on NPR. Even if I'm not a part of adult conversation, I get to hear some.

Olson Family said...

I am with Dad, I would totally babysit! Heck if you somehow drop them off I will babysit them AND pay for your date! Common, thats worth it right??