Monday, May 3, 2010

Educational Viewing

This weekend Ian and I finally finished watching Dances With Wolves. I had never seen it. I enjoyed it. Interesting story and beautiful images. It was a little slow though and kinda predictable since I have seen Avatar.

We are also watching the series America The Story of Us on the history channel. The second segment was on last night, but it's on really late, so we will have to watch it another day. I think it's fascinating. I love learning more about our country's history.

I also won another blog giveaway this morning! Hooray! I have been following Blog Giveaways for a couple months now and I have won 2 tee shirts, a handmade soap, chocolate banana slugs, handmade shamrock earrings, a Scholastic DVD of animated stories called Giggle Giggle Quack, a $25 gift card to ecostoreusa.com, and most recently a Kodak Sports Camera! I enjoy looking at all the different blogs that I enter giveaways on too. Feel free to join in the fun and win some free stuff!

Today after Weston gets home from preschool we are going to plant his little sunflower plant out in the backyard. He brought it home a few days ago, but it has been raining every day since then, so today is the first day of sun. He is so excited about it.

Last week on Friday we went to Petsmart to look at the animals and came home with a .10 goldfish. Weston decided to name him Bruce. By Friday night I thought he was a goner. He was kind of laying on the bottom of the fish bowl and twitching, but he survived the weekend and seems to be ok. I had put the bowl on a lower surface so that Davin could see the fish too, but this morning I caught him up to his elbows in the fish bowl, so he lost his viewing privilege and Bruce has been moved to higher ground.

Can you even believe that it is going to be Mother's Day this Sunday?!? It totally crept up on me. Luckily I have everyone taken care of and will be making a trip to the post office tomorrow. I sure hope my boys have a good Mother's Day planned for me!

Life seems to just be plugging along. I am excited for our upcoming weekend of fun that will include a midnight showing of Iron Man 2, a friend's graduation party, a Primary activity, a date to the Utah Symphony, and, of course, Mother's Day! In the meantime I will get this house clean, do the laundry, and keep everyone fed. :)

7 comments:

Jackie H said...

That is quite the winning list! What's your secret.

Delia said...

What a fun list of things to do. Have fun at the symphony...lucky you.

You win a lot of stuff. I started entering giveaways but gave up because I never won anything. You are a lucky girl!

Liz Smith said...

i've never been to the symphony. how cool! i can't wait to hear all about it. im sure your awesome boys have fun plans for mothers day. at least they'd better; you are by far one of the awesome-est moms i know. :D

Mom said...

Love the Bruce story! That's quite the weekend you have planned. Enjoy and Happy Mother's Day too!!

J, J and B said...

Yes! I'm glad you liked Dances with Wolves! I love most 90's movies. Kevin Costner seems to be in quite a few huh?! You'll have to watch Robin Hood now and I'll watch Dances With Wolves!

Kim said...

Awesome giveaway wins!!! I'm sick of the weather too its annoying me to have it be sooo stinky windy it gives me a headache. do you have dvr or do you watch the series online? just curious we don't have dvr and its killing me :)

Tasha said...

Go you on winning so many giveaways!! Seriously! That is awesome.