Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Swing Set!

Last Monday for FHE we went and bought our first swing set. We decided to go with the basic, small one since we don't plan on bringing it with us when we move in the next few years and our kids are pretty little (as is our backyard). It was a great deal. We got a $50 Walmart gift card from Ian's new dentist for being a new patient, combined with the $45 we got from selling our Little Tikes climb and slide on KSL, so we only ended up paying about $35 out of pocket for the new set!
Last night after FHE we went out in the backyard and started setting it up. By the time it was dark we had finished. The kids had to go to bed before we had finished, so this morning they were super excited to go out and play on it. I taught Davin how to climb up the slide ladder, but he still needed a hand to go down. Within the first 20 minutes Weston had already fallen off the swing twice. Apparently he needs some practice, but I'm sure he'll be pro by the end of the summer. This afternoon Davin figured out that he can do the slide without holding anyone's hand, so that's good news.
This morning we went to Toys R Us to buy a baby swing for Dav. Ian just got home and put it up for us, so tomorrow we will do some more swinging. On the way home from our errand Weston asked if they could play on the playplace when we got home. Can you guess his favorite place to eat lunch?

I also just wanted to post these pictures I took on Saturday of Ian and I working in the den. Before we could start the second coat of mud we had to sand down the first coat so that it was smoother. It was a dust mess!
Later this week Ian and I have a long lunch date planned so that we can go carpet and tile shopping. Can't wait to have the den finished!

9 comments:

Delia said...

How exciting and what a nice deal on that set. That is so nice that they can just go out back and swing!

Tasha said...

That swing set looks so fun!! My boys love swinging on the swings in our backyard. They ask almost every day. And if Chase hears us say "swing" he runs for the back door. I hope you have fun with it all summer long!!! Yeah that your den is coming along too :)

Liz Smith said...

the kiddies are going to have so much fun on that! that's so awesome!

and great job on your den!! sanding sucks! it seems like it's moving along though. have fun carpet/flooring shopping...i think shopping for that stuff and all the decor is the fun part.

Tara said...

ahh so you are getting new carpet! Nice! Your carpet actually looks really nice in that last picture. Great job on the swingset, looks perfect and can't beat the price!

joyous said...

Woot! Those are some sexy looking toes. ;) The swing set looks like fun and just right for the boys and your back yard. A great addition for summertime!

J, J and B said...

At least your husband was home for a bit...even if he was sanding! :)

heather said...

i LOVE getting stuff that you really want/need at major discounts! that's an awesome swing set. wendy would be in heaven.

elizabeth said...

Yeah for the swingset. . . yeah for getting more sanding done. Keep working and little by little that den will be back and ready to hang out in. I hope you make your deadline b/c I want to see it finished. Dad and I are always good at putting us on deadlines. We work better that way. (Although, sometimes it's annoying!)

Lynsey said...

So jealous of your backyard! One thing I wish we had. Way-to-go on the bargain shopping!