IT'S A GIRL!!!
That's right. My intuition sucks. I was so sure it was a boy. I hardly believed the ultrasound tech when she told us and showed us. I was in shock the rest of the day. I am still surprised, but a week later I'm starting to get used to the idea. And I'm somewhat panicking. I don't know if I know how to be a mother to a girl. I will have to learn to do hair. I will acquire twice as many toys. I don't have a stitch of baby girl clothing or blankets or bedding or anything girl. Part of that makes me excited. I get to shop for a baby girl! I get to re-decorate the nursery! Let the baby girl name hunt begin!
27 comments:
Congrats! And you sound EXACTLY like me several months back :-) Switching genders after having two girls was a bit scary, I wasn't expecting it, and all I could think of was the 'stuff' I needed :-)
It's been amazing already though, just to see the difference between being a Mom to a little boy after two little girls. I'm loving it!
SO EXCITING!!!!!! I think if our next one is a girl (not that I am pregnant) I would be totally dumbfounded too. Shocked and not know what to think. I am so excited for you Shannon. I will make ya a few fun girl things ;) This is girl season. I know lots of people having girls. How come I always miss this one? I seriously want to know. Love you!! Oh, I am super excited!!!
So we will now both have two boys and a girl, just in the opposite order. Having a girl baby really isn't all that different than a boy, just different clothes. They're so gender-neutral seeming for a while you know? Like Makenzie loved bugs and animals and dinosaurs and Spiderman when she was 1 and 2. She wanted a Cars-themed bday party for her 3rd birthday for goodness' sake. So yeah, your girl will probably be happy with all of Weston and Davin's toys for a long time. They don't really get girly til they're 3 or so.. and then it's really fun because you remember liking all the same toys that they like.
Okay I'm going on and on, but I think you're gonna love having a little girl in the house. I'm so excited for you!
girls are the BEST!!!!! congrats! have fun shopping! :)
You will be an awesome mom to a little girl. They are so different than boys. Even at only 1 month I can tell a huge difference between Maelee and how Andrew was.
How exciting!!! Congrats! :) I think having 3 sisters makes you a natural at the girl thing automatically.
I know what you mean! After my 2 girls, I was quite worried about having a boy. For the first few months of his life, I'd get him dressed and think, "Something is missing..." because it would seem I should have been putting a headband or bow on my baby. That's just what I had always done with my babies until that point.
I commented to my mom that I didn't know how to do boys--and she said, "They're all just babies at the beginning." It's true. They all need the same love and care at first. The girls just need a little bow in addition. ;) (BTW--Did you know that you can use Elmer's Glue to attach bows to your daughter's head? It's non-toxic and will keep the bow on for a few days.)
I LOVE Amanda's comment. It is true that they're all just babies at the beginning....but the girls do need a bow. I have to admit that I was kind of jealous of your boys when it took us 15 minutes longer to bath and get back to Mom's room this weekend. But it's all good. Don't worry, I'm sure you'll fill up those dresser drawers faster than you can believe!!
Congratulations! I'm excited to hear what you name your baby GIRL and to see what she looks like. How fun!
Yay!!! Congratulations Shannon!!! I'm so excited for you! I am so in awe of how awesome you are at being a mom. You're going to do great. Plus, can you even imagine how cute a little girl would be? I mean if Weston and Davin are any indication of how cute your kids are, a girl is just going to be an adorable girlier version of them :) By the way, I got your comment on my blog, and I TOTALLY would rather have hung out with you than chase Mason around my brother in law's house trying to make sure he didn't kill their pet bird, but I didn't have a mode of transportation. We just had the one car since we drove there and Wynn was using it the whole time :( Anyways, my new phone number is 480.440.6464. Sorry I should have given it to you when I got it! Hope your pregnancy is going well, and congrats again!!! Love you and miss you tons!
Wow!! I'm SO excited for you! And, it's about time a girl came along! She's lucky she'll have two big brothers to look after her!! You'll get the hang of all the girl stuff in time... and I bet Congrats!
Aw, that is so great! Congrats Shannon. Baby girl stuff is so fun to shop for. Confession: sometimes I shop for baby girl stuff even though I have a boy and I'm not pregnant. I usually give the girl stuff away at baby showers, but sometimes I keep it (shhh, don't tell my husband! :)Anyways, congrats!!!
So exciting! A girl will be a fun, new challenge, but I know you'll do great.
I am so excited for you! I am hoping this is a sign: we have the same name, we have 2 boys,...does this mean my next is a girl!
I think you thought it was a boy because you can't imagine having a girl. We're really excited for you and for Ivy to have a girl cousin on the Bowles side.
Congrats!!! You have the cutest little boys...I can't wait to see your little girl!
I know I don't alway leave comments but I do love your blog : )
Yay! How exciting. This girl is going be so loved by her two doting older brothers!
Congrats! Everyone needs a little girl. You will love it!
Woohoo! That is so exciting! What a fun new adventure :)
Yay! I also found out we are having a GIRL! I feel the same as you. I don't have anything and how in the world am I going to figure out how to do hair and take care of a girl. I guess we will learn. It will be fun to have them at the same time and check eachothers blogs to see how it goes :-)
Congratulations!
Yay a girl! Girls are so fun, you'll do great :)
I really thought you were going to have a girl. I guess I just always knew you had bad intuition. :)
So excited for you! I felt a little weird about the idea of trying to parent a girl too, and I only have one boy. You're going to do great!
The good news about needing girl clothes is that people really like to buy them. :)
Oh and to answer your question...it was Bear Lake. Just an hour north east of Logan. It looks almost ocean like doesn't it? It's the best! :)
Congrats! I think you'll have so much fun shopping for your baby girl. :)
WHOOHOO!! So exciting!!! I know so many peeps who are having girls..what fun! What will you do tho?? :)It's unchartered territory! I'm way excited for you.
Congrats Shannon!!! That is so exciting! Maybe we will follow in your footsteps too next time???
Congratulations!! I hear girls are hard but they're fun. :) I used to think I wanted all boys but I was playing with a little girl all last week when I went to Bear Lake and she was adorable and so much fun, so I've officially changed my mind. We'll see if I get what I want though. :) I'm so excited for you!
Post a Comment