Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Since Zion . . .

Last week my mom drove back with us from our Zion family reunion to spend a couple days visiting. We had a great time. Monday night Grandma B took us all to see Despicable Me. The boys have been watching the trailers for months, so they were pretty excited to see it. We all enjoyed it. It was sweet and funny. Although if you've seen all 4 trailers you've probably seen most of the funny lines already. :)

Tuesday we had a slow morning then took Grandma B with us to the pool. We spent a few hours playing in the pools and splash pad area, lounging in the sun, and eating snow cones. It was great fun, but we all got a little sunburned. Whoops. Wednesday's big outing was the Sweet's Candy factory tour. My mom has quite the sweet tooth, which she thoughtfully passed on to all her children, so this was right up her alley. I think it's really cool to see how jelly beans, salt water taffy, and Swedish fish are made too. Here we are in our cool candy maker hats (that are required for the tour) after our tour.
That afternoon Aunt Barbara came and picked Mom up to spend a day with her in Ogden. This worked out pretty well because we went and picked up Ian's parents from the airport right after she took off for Ogden. Thanks for such a fun visit Mom!

That's right, we have been in grandparent heaven for the last week and a half! Today has been a bit of an adjustment to having no company. I miss the adult conversation and the extra hands that are happy to help with the kids. The kids miss the extra grown up play time and attention. They don't mind the extra outings, meals out, and presents that come with grandparent time either. More details of our visit with Grandma Denny and Papa to come!

6 comments:

Tasha said...

How fun!! Your Mom is so great. It sounded like one fun visit. I am glad she got to come back with you.

Kate said...

Aww! I love this picture:) Your mom is awesome. That tour looks like a lot of fun.

Delia said...

What a fun time! That candy factory sounds really cool.

Anonymous said...

Grandparents are the best! They love spending time with their grandkids and moms get a little break from the everyday routine...it's a win-win :)

Emily said...

I hate it when the trailers give away all the funny lines.

elizabeth said...

Since the sunburn, I actually have tan lines and a bit of color. This might be the first time I go back to school with an actual "tan". (Notice I put it in quotes!) Thanks for the fun time. I enjoyed all we did. I miss those boys, too. I was telling Grandpa Bob tonight the joys of getting a long love from Davin before bed. It's really just the best. Can't wait for October ;-)