Davin was up at 6am on Sunday and woke up Weston too, but they looked at books and played in their room until almost 7, so no real complaints there. Ian put sickie Davin down for a nap while I was at church with Weston and he said he didn't get up once. He only napped for about an hour, so we shall see how today goes with napping, but I was still pretty impressed by that. Last night no one got up after I put them to bed for the night either. Davin has slept through the night both nights and this morning he wasn't up quite as early. I think that Weston definitely helps the morning situation. He knows he's not supposed to come wake us up before 7, so he just played blocks with Davin until then. Not sure what time they actually woke up.
Davin has the cold that Weston caught at the end of our Snowbird trip and I woke up with a stuffy nose this morning too. I kept Davin home from church yesterday, which is always a challenge because Ian and I have to tag team our other responsibilities at church to be home with him, but I just couldn't take him to nursery in good conscience. Needless to say it was a long day of being cooped up for him.
We really needed an outing today, but with Davin and I not feeling great I wasn't sure what to do. We decided to just go to the park. It's not too hot and I figured the boys could use some time outside to run around. It was perfect. The weather was great, it wasn't crowded, the boys ate free lunch, Weston played flag tag with a bunch of other kids, and they both got a prize before we left. Weston picked out these funny disguise glasses as his prize. I should have made Davin pick some too, but he chose a little tiger instead and now he's jealous of Weston's cool glasses. At least Weston is a good brother about sharing (most of the time).
8 comments:
Sounds like Davin is doing better than Reid fared. :) We split them back up but we also aren't expecting a baby again. Sorry your sick. Everyone, including me, thanks you for not sending a sick kid to church. That is one of my peeves. ;)
I love the glasses. The tranisition to a big boy bed can be tricky but it sounds like things are going well with it at your house.
Love those pictures! Man you have cute boys. Sorry you guys aren't feeling well. I think Justin is coming down with the same thing. I hope I continue to be spared because I already had a cold a month or so ago and I don't think I could handle any more discomfort right now!
Anyway, glad the big boy bed thing is working out. It looks so good in there, and I bet it will make them closer, too!
Love these boys! I am sorry your not feeling well. Thanks for having a pity party with me today! Love you!
I love your boys' new bunkbeds! (Yes, I'm playing catch-up here) Sounds like the transition is going well...you give me hope. I'm keeping Zander in his crib as long as possible. He climbs in and out by himself so it's kinda like a big bed, right? :) Sorry you're not feeling well. Being sick while you're pregnant makes it a hundred times worse. Hope you feel better soon!
It must be great that Weston is old enough to know not to wake you up before 7am! I love that. I'm sure he helps a lot to keep Davin entertained until then as well!
those glasses are classic! :)
hope you're feeling better today!
Wow, that's awesome how great Davin's doing! I hope it continues.
Post a Comment