Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Morning?

Last night was so bizarre. Davin has been waking up right before we go to bed/in the middle of the night off and on since he was sick a couple weeks ago. It's annoying, but he will usually go back to sleep without too much of a fight. Also, it never wakes up Weston, so it hasn't been a huge problem. I'm hoping he will settle into a better routine when Daylight Savings starts and it's a little lighter and more "morning-like" in the morning.

Anyway, last night at 3:30am I heard the boys' bedroom door open. I assumed it was Davin, but just waited for him to come in and wake me up. In a few seconds I hear his little whisper "Mom, have chocat milk? Watch movie?" Then I hear Weston's voice too "Mom, we just wanted to have chocolate milk and watch a show." What?!? It's 3:30am! I look at them and tell them its the middle of the night. Not even close to morning time. Weston immediately starts apologizing "Oh sorry Mom. We thought it was morning." Everyone got a drink and got back in bed.

I went back to bed too, but couldn't fall back asleep because my stomach was starving. Finally around 4 I got up to eat a bowl of cereal. I turned on the lamp in the den so I could have a little light. I was trying to be super quiet since I didn't know if the boys were all the way back asleep or not. When I finished my cereal (about 4:15) I was about to turn off the light and go back to bed when Weston comes into the den with his blanket and loveys and asks to watch a show again. He said "I just wanted to try to get up at the same time as Dav so I could watch shows before school too." :) Davin always wakes up earlier than Weston and watches TV until Weston gets up and we all get ready for the day. I told him it still wasn't morning and that there was nothing on right now. He said he was having trouble going back to sleep. I told him he had to try because it just wasn't time to be up. He was good about it and climbed back into bed. In their defense it was pretty bright outside since there was about 3 inches of snow on the ground. Everyone managed to sleep until 6:30 after that. Whew!

We did get a lot of snow last night. I would guess there were about 4 inches on our cars. It's slowly melting right now, but without the sun and with the temps only in the mid-30's I doubt it will all melt by tonight. We'll see what that means for our trick or treating attempts this weekend.

We have been staying in a little more than usual with the snow and cold weather this week. Yesterday neither of the kids would nap, so we had a long afternoon. They were pretty good, but by the time Ian got home the house was a wreck. We put together the Halloween treat bags for Weston's class. He thought that was exciting. I got all my packages from Amazon, which was fun and broke up the monotony of the afternoon. Plus it gave the kids something to do. They popped the packing materials and played in the boxes. Weston even decorated his and wrote "speed racer" on the side. He ate breakfast in it this morning in front of the tv. It was cute.
Davin and I went to Target yesterday after my doctor's appointment. I love just wandering Target and browsing the clearance. There was a bunch of dollar spot stuff on sale for 50% off, so I got 2 plush animal masks for 50 cents each. Weston loves his. Davin doesn't wear his as much, but when he's pretending to be a cat he sure likes the mask. I also bought a coat for after baby. It's so cute. Red cotton corduroy pea coat. On clearance for $20. Not bad. The only downside to all my finds is that I really only needed to buy storage bins to pack away baby boy clothes in. I found them on clearance too randomly, so that was good, but instead of spending the $15 I needed to I spent $45. Whoops. Target does that to me. I have to stay away when I have no money.

Also I forgot about my friendship bread start in the fridge and just barely added the ingredients 2 days late. Do you think it will still be ready to bake in 2 days or should I give it the full 4 extra days to sit? I hope I didn't ruin it. I love friendship bread. So yummy.

Anyway, there's the mid-week update. Not too exciting. I hope that I will have some fun Halloween festivities to report by Sunday. :)

6 comments:

joyous said...

Silly Weston!! That's so cute that he didn't want to be left out. Except for the part where he woke you up...not cute. ;) Hope you guys have a happy Halloween!

Liz Smith said...

i remember living in utah and having snow for halloween. it's so weird to me now, but back then it was so normal. :) i hope we still have a full month before we have to deal with that. although right now, i'll take a calm snowfall over the crazy insane winds shaking my house.

as for the friendship bread, that is some YUMMY stuff. but i will say that i haaaaate the starters. what is so friendshippy about giving bread and then having to work to make more? lol. my poor mother in law always gets those and she stresses because she has to do something for it everyday and somedays she forgets and then doesn't know where to pick up and what to do. then she tries to offer me a starter and i'm like no thanks!! lol. it always makes me laugh. i just want to eat it! :)

Delia said...

Ha...oh no. 3:30 in the morning? Crazy kids.

I can't believe how much snow you have had. That's nuts.

Friendship bread stresses me out. Silly but true. :)

Anonymous said...

Packing bubbles and boxes make the best toys! Hmmm...maybe that's what I should give Zander for Christmas ;)

The Curnow Family said...

I want to shop with you! You always find such good deals! Why isn't that kids love boxes, remember when dad brought us home that gigantic one from the back of Paul's?! haha So fun!

J, J and B said...

I love clearance at Target. I try not to look there first because I usually end up spending more when i do!!