On New Year's Eve we had a lot of snow outside. Ian took the boys sledding. Weston loved it. Davin says he loves it, but really he just got cold and couldn't sled by himself so he was less happy about the whole thing.




Another fun thing over the break was video games! We borrowed the
Wii from Ian's work and the boys played lots of
MarioKart. Then for Christmas my sister's family gave us their favorite computer game, Plants v. Zombies. Weston loves it. It's too hard for Davin, but he still likes watching Weston and Ian play. Ian set it up so they could play on the big TV in the living room. He's the best techno daddy. :)

This little video gem is of Weston doing the dance he learned at preschool for the family before all his grandparents left. It was so
stinkin' funny. This is when we had him re-do it for the camera, so it's not quite as hilarious as it was the first time, but still pretty classic. Of course, Davin couldn't be left out.
On New Year's Eve Ian hung the new curtain rods and curtains in the baby's room. The nursery finally looks done. I still have a few
girly, frilly touches I want to add, but for now it's done. I love it! Thanks again for the curtains Den! And the cross stitch wall hanging Mom!



Last but not least, enjoy some random adorable pics of Talia. I have to take her picture every time she wears a new outfit pretty much, and these are a few of my faves.
Cute heart outfit courtesy of Great Grandma
Bowles and cute Davin face.

Fun flower outfit courtesy of Auntie Jules. You can't see it, but there is a flower on the bum of the pants too. So adorable.

My first normal week of life with 3 kids is going well. I started carpooling to preschool on Mondays and Wednesdays with my friend whose daughter is in the 3 year old class on those days. She takes them in the morning and I pick up at 11:35am. It's nice not having to get everyone out the door early on those days.
We have mostly just been staying home because it's hard doing outings with 3 kids. Plus it hasn't been above 30 degrees all week.
Brrr. My goal is to do one outing a week in January. After that it's to be determined.
I went to Young Women's last night and it was kind of nice being back. It's going to busy and hectic with 3 kids and Ian in the bishopric, but hopefully it will work out. I need to find another good person to help out since one of my counselors is going to be released and my one advisor is having her 3rd baby in February (oh, and her husband is the
EQ president. Can you tell we are short on people to fill callings?). Sigh.
Anyway, so far so good. My days are a little slow, so if you want to come visit and hold a sweet little newborn and chat with me, then give me a call and we'll set it up!
9 comments:
awwww...i soooo wish i could drop by to hang out and hold your sweet baby. She is so so so cute! and so teeny! i love all her outfits. I love baby girl clothes...they are so fun to shop for. :)
you guys got a TON of snow. we had the weirdest warm front come in and it was 55 degrees on new years eve! so weird! i consider it a mercy day from above. :) anyways, all our snow melted so now every thing is u-g-l-y and it is just cold. I'm hoping we get something soon to cover up the dead trees and hideous brown grass.
Ha! So cute! I loved the boys' dances. But I think we should have some video of Grandma B doing the boys' dances...it sounded like she was pretty into it!!
And thanks for cute pictures of Talia. I totally remember taking pictures of Lizzie in just about every new outfit we put her in (which ends up being just about everyday!) What fun.
That sounds quite fun actually except for the freezing cold part. But it sounds heavenly to hold your baby. And to talk it up with you too :)
Talia's room is beautiful. I love it. We have been staying home, too. I'm doing the fight-against-tv but it keeps winning. That's why we need to have friends over.:)
Love the sledding pics, especially the one where Davin is done and Weston is just smiling, it's such a big brother/little brother classic. Cute stuff as usual!
I want to come visit and hold the baby and chat. . . can it wait until Wednesday, April 13th? I think that's the soonest I can get there. I already miss Talia and the boys (and yes, you too!). Plus, I think Talia's getting bigger and changing and I told her not to do that.
Thanks for reading "our" blog. I did three posts. . did you check them all out. I haven't figure out how to have them in a row like yours. Maybe you can share how to do that. I must go chill before bed. Enjoy your slow "outing" January ;-)
Your ward sounds like ours :) Brian in the bishopbric. Me the Primary President and then a few months after being released put into the Relief society Presidency. You can do it. There are going to definatly be some tuff sundays. Okay, a lot of them...but you can do it. I am lucky and one of the young women getup and come sit with my boys if I have to leave during Sacrament Meeting (which still happens and Chase is almost 2). So, for 2 years they have been helping me. And it all works out.
I love seeing all the pictures. Talia is really such a cutie. And those boys sure looked happy in the snow :)
awww that outfit looks sooo cute on her! I am glad I got to see a picture of her in it! Also Look at all that snow! I am kind of jealous because I wanted to get some serious snow play time in while I was there... thats ok though. I miss you guys already! Love you!
I LOVE Talia's room and clothes. She's so cute. Girls are so fun! Once winter is over and Talia is bigger you'll be out and about more! Enjoy staying home in your warm house! Let dad take the boys out when he can! :)
First off she is abolutely ADORABLE! It sounds like you had a great winter break! Blake and I are obsessed with Mario on the Wii. Sledding on New Year's is always a great time as well!
Post a Comment