Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Kinda Boring

I apologize if this post is not super exciting. We have actually been having a much quieter week! I have done hardly anything and loved every minute of it. Actually we have been playing a lot of Plants v. Zombies. It's kind of embarrassing to admit, but it's an addictive little computer game! Weston loves it so much that I had to make a rule that he can't talk about it at the dinner table otherwise our dinner conversation only consists of what new plants he got and what each zombie can do, etc. As a result dinner is a little quieter. And that's ok.

I did have the young women over last night to decorated sugar cookies and make valentines for the less active girls. It was fun, but a little hectic since Ian is out of town (he went to CA for a presentation and will be home tonight) so the kids were running around wanting to be part of the action too. On the plus side I got to eat some sugar cookies. I think I'm going to make more to decorate just with the kids this weekend. Valentine's Day is usually my sugar cookie holiday, so I have to get my fill for a whole year. :)

I forgot my camera when we went to the Treehouse Museum for Weston's birthday outing, but my friend, Jackie, took some pictures for me and just emailed them.

Weston riding a horse in the rodeo area. Note the color coordinated hat and sweater. Definitely on purpose.
Davin in the rodeo area. Jackie and I thought it was pretty funny that almost every other person in the audience mural is doing something with a cell phone.
Kyle, Claire, and Weston in the fire truck.
Playing dress up. Weston did NOT want to take that space suit off when it was time to move on. :)
And finally, a few more pictures of baby Talia! I had to snap a picture of her in her first pair of jeans. They're actually more like jeggings, but still.
Wearing her Daddy's Girl outfit for the first time the day daddy left for CA.

I feel like I am spending this whole week just waiting for my mom to get here! Tomorrow night I get to pick her up from the airport. I am so excited!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Brayden went through a Plants vs. Zombies phase...until he completed the game! When I went to his parent/teacher conference his teacher pulled out samples of his work and they ALL had Plants vs. Zombies drawings on them...on the front, back, everywhere! What is it with boys and that game?! But I have to admit, it's fun when I can get into a game Brayden is into. It's something to bond over ;)

Lana said...

I'm going to have to check this Plants vs. Zombies thing out :) Talia is growing so fast and looks adorable :)

Liz Smith said...

i pretty much use ANY holiday as my sugar cookie holiday....lol. i LOVE sugar cookies! i'm excited you get to have your mom visit! mom visits are a big favorite of mine. :D enjoy it!!

J, J and B said...

Thanks for reminding me about sugar cookies!! Always a good tradition! Yum!!