I am working on re-vamping the blog. I am exploring how to make a custom header. I've never done one before. So far I like it, but I can't seem to get the header I designed (based on a template from
shabbyblogs.com) to stretch across the whole header space. What gives? Any of you who have blog design know-how please give me some advice!!!
Today we had fabulous weather! Sunshine and a high of 51 degrees! You better believe we went outside and played on the swing set. I even declared it warm enough to bring Talia out. She really has never been outside while not in her car seat since she was born. She wasn't so sure about the sun in her eyes and was pretty ambivalent about the swing. I guess we'll see what she thinks when it's warmer outside and I pad the swing for her.


I took this picture this afternoon. Talia was being so smiley and cute, but as soon as I got out the camera she started doing all these weird faces. Still adorable though.

Today was also special because Davin started preschool!!! The Granite School District preschool program has a "Young Three's" class. Kids can start attending the month that they turn 3. Davin will be having his birthday on the 24
th, but he got to start school today. He was so excited to be a big boy and go to school with his back pack just like his big brother. I was excited to have a whole hour with just Talia. We went to the post office and Sam's Club. Talia snoozed in her car seat the whole time and it was kind of nice to remember what it felt like to just have one child to worry about (one that doesn't talk/whine at that!). I picked both the boys up from school and the day was a success! Davin brought home a book and we have already read it twice. I can hardly believe he's so grown up!

This picture is from last week. We played blocks and made it our goal to use every single block we have. Check out all our cool creations!

Unfortunately the cold that has been floating around the family has finally caught up to me. Blah. I am so tired and achy. Although I am actually feeling slightly better today than yesterday, so hopefully it won't last long. I guess I better get off the computer and get some dinner going for my family. It's easy meals around here this week. Tonight's menu is spaghetti with
mizithra, Weston's favorite!
8 comments:
The new look is super cute! I love it. Did they have 2 different headers one for standard and one wide? They have 2 different ones for backgrounds but I've never tried a header.
I can totally help!!!!! I was having that same problem the other day with my blog. you have to use one of the old templets. They allow your header to be centered where most of the new ones dont. I worked on mine for forever when i finally found it!!! Let me know of you need help finding where the old templets are.
But i love the new look and the family picture is adorable!!!!
I am not sure how the new templates work. I use the old minima so this may or may not apply...but I make sure my outer wrapper and header are 1000px in width. It has also been a while since I have messed with it so that may be wrong. Sorry for the terrible advice.
Your picture is really cute! Nice job on the header design.
I have issues with blog headers, too. That's why I don't have one. But it looks like one of your friends has figured it out. :) But I do think your header looks cute the way it is.
Today was so nice. Great way to start March.
Davin looked super stoked about preschool, how fun for him and nice for you! I took just Kyle to Costco last night and it really was like a vacation not having to worry about any other kids running around. Moms with just one baby have it made in the shade.
What's the deal with putting a backpack on your little boy and suddenly he's all grown-up!! Ahhh!! I'm glad that he a) got to go to school today and b) that he had a good time. Today was a good day too. It's another busy week at the Olson household ;-) This week. . . wait for it. . two Open Houses back to back at the middle schools!! Yeah, life just doesn't get any better than that!
wow, sounds like a great couple of days so far this week! Beauty weather, school, errands with a baby in tow rather than rowdy boys, blocks galore... You're such a dedicated mom. Way to go YOU!
I loooove the new header and family photo! You guys are so cute! Davin IS so big! One day they will all be in school and you won't know what to do with yourself!!
we had a gorgeous day yesterday too. not quite 50, but it was sunny and in the 40s which felt amazing. im glad you guys got to enjoy being outside. sorry you're sick. i hope you feel better soon! :)
Post a Comment