Monday, May 2, 2011

Bits and Pieces

Last week was kind of long and blah. Davin and I had colds, the weather was horrible (woke up to 2 more inches of snow on Saturday morning!), and Ian was busy and worked late. Sigh.

A few random happenings around the house . . .

I can't remember what day this was, but Weston was coloring in his Spiderman coloring book that has a couple sheets of stickers in the middle. I was doing dishes at the sink. When I turned around I had to laugh. I guess this is what happens when you have a 5 year old brother.
Talia is such a big girl these days! We are borrowing an exersaucer for the next few months, so I put her in it this week. She is getting better at reaching for the toys every day and she looks so cute (but tiny) in it. She also rolled over for the first time on Saturday! She did it about 6 times in a row and I managed to catch the last time on video. Barely. She hasn't really done it again since Saturday, so we'll see if it was a fluke or if she will keep doing it.



I finally got the entryway of the den decorated! My sister gave me the fabulous family names print and I had it custom framed. Then I went to DI on Friday and picked up the glass vase and vintage books. I bought a pear potpourri vase filler at Target, and the cute "There's no place like home" sign I got at Deseret Book on clearance for $4. The clock is from CSN stores. I am really happy with the way it turned out, and I'm so glad that the room is finally feeling homey and done.
Saturday afternoon we went on a family trip to the mall. I got some killer deals at JCPenney thanks to a couple coupons and a random gift card. I ended up paying only about $7 for a pair of shorts for Weston, a cute purple onesie for Talia, a fun Spring top for me, and a necklace for me. When I was done shopping I couldn't find Ian and the kids! They weren't at the dino playground where I had left them and Ian wasn't answering his phone or my texts. What was I to do? Well, I wandered a bit and found a beauty supply store having a sale on OPI nail polish. I took advantage and bought 3 OPI polishes for $9 (a buy 1 get 2 free deal). Happy Mother's Day to me. I did eventually find my family and we all headed home worn out from our shopping trip.
Me wearing my new necklace with my cute nakey Talia.
I am finally feeling better from my cold. Just a lingering cough left, which is good because I need to be well for the month of May. More on my May Challenge coming up.

6 comments:

joyous said...

Go Talia!!! What a grown-up girl. I would say what a big girl, but it just isn't so. LOL She is so cute and I miss her!!!

Sounds like a great shopping trip if Ian had the kids while you did the shopping. ;) Love the necklace and your decorations in the den. That room is looking great! Can't wait to hear about the May challenge. :)

Tasha said...

Love your new decorations!! Talia is looking so much older. She is such a cutie. I love her smile.

Kate said...

Wow Talia has light eyes- for some reason I thought they were brown. She's so cute and getting big way fast :) You're really good at going out and getting things done (like decorating your room). I feel like I just do things I HAVE to do. Thanks for the good example!

Lana said...

That is such a cute pic of you and nakey Talia! I love it :)

elizabeth said...

I'm so glad that Talia has the Bowles "eyebrows" that make her little face pop!! Can't wait to see you in a couple weeks. So exciting!

P.S. Loved the sticker on Talia. Note to self. . .never hold still around Weston!

J, J and B said...

So funny! I'm sure Talia will have more 'big brother/little sister' moments like that growing up!! I love how the kids attacked Talia and the camera after she rolled over! heheh