Friday, May 27, 2011

Boys' Weekend

I know this post is a little late in coming, but I've had a rough mommy week. Today is actually only marginally better. I offered to take the kids to the aquarium if they cleaned up their toys, but so far there has been no move to clean up, so we may end up inside all day. Sigh. I'm having a good hair day too. What a waste.

So, last weekend while Talia and I basked in the sun in California, Ian played with his boys in sunny/rainy/you-never-know-what-you're-gonna-get Utah. He was definitely Superdad! He took Friday off of work and spent most of the day at the Gateway. They went to the Apple store, which everyone loved, and got a new mouse for our Mac Mini. The boys played around the fountain.
Then they went to the Discovery Gateway Children's Museum. That pass has been worth every penny and we still have two months left to use it! I cannot get over how hilarious this video is of Weston doing the news and Davin chiming in with random words. I think I caught "naps" and "hot dogs" in there.


On Saturday they enjoyed some nice, sunny weather. Ian worked in the yard and the garage while the boys played. They also released our painted lady butterflies! They started as tiny larvae and ate and ate and ate until they got big and climbed to the top of their little cup and formed chrysalises. After about a week they started emerging as beautiful butterflies. We fed them and watched them flutter in their little enclosure for about a week, then they got released into the wilds of our yard. It was a fun experiment and very cool to watch. For a much more insightful post about this butterfly experiment, check out my friend, Lori's blog HERE. Amazing.
They took advantage of the nice weather and headed to the park later that afternoon.
I'm pretty sure everyone enjoyed their weekend. I know the boys love their daddy so much. I love him too and I so very much appreciated his willingness to spend the weekend playing with his boys so I could enjoy some much needed time with my family. We are all lucky to have him. :)

4 comments:

Lori said...

Don't mind at all :-) thanks for the mention. Also, I would be glad to show you the video. I was only able to get about the last quarter of the emerging as half was completed by the time I discovered it and the other quarter occurred while I ran upstairs and inflicted wounds upon myself.

joyous said...

Fun times! I love that they're outing includes the Apple store. Pretty fun stuff! Ian is great and you ARE all pretty lucky to have him. :) Hope you guys have a fun long weekend!

elizabeth said...

BIG thanks to Ian for enjoying the boys for the weekend while we enjoyed the girls weekend in California. I do have to say those boys are pretty darn cute. It's so frustrating when you say clean up and we'll go do something fun and then they don't clean up and then you can't do something fun and you're stuck with the unfun kids with the chores still NOT done!! Been there, done that! How'd you like Kung Fu Panda 2?? I thought it was pretty sweet. . . with a Kung Fu Panda 3 teaser at the end ;-)

J, J and B said...

Oh my, that video is so cute! I'm sure the special daddy/son weekend was really good for all of them! What a nice hubby to watch them so you could go have fun in California!!