Today is Ian's 30
th birthday. I can't believe I'm married to a real, grown up adult. :) I am so grateful to have Ian in my life. I love him so much and hope he enjoys his birthday week!
We kicked off the fun with a quick visit from my parents. They stopped in last Friday on their way up to Yellowstone. It was fun to have them for dinner. They stopped in again on their way home from Yellowstone. This time they got to stay Friday night and all day Saturday. Saturday we swam, went out to lunch, the girls shopped while the boys fixed the washing machine, and then we celebrated Ian's birthday.

This one's for the auntie's! We got this bib at the Carter's store. She really does love you all!
He got to open a few presents. Weston made him a special card. We gave him ladder ball. My parents gave him Portal 2. Now he just needs a few spare minutes to relax and play!


We had ice cream cake roll. Ian blew out a candle for each decade. I hope he made a good wish!

After cake we went and saw Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Part 2. It was very fun to watch the conclusion to the series. I enjoyed it and already want to see it again. I made Ian take this awkward picture with me to prove we were there (someday our kids will be amazed that we saw the Harry Potter movies in the theater). :)

It was nice to have Ian home with us all day. I'm glad we were able to go see HP7.2 opening weekend too. It was so fun to be in a packed theater and to cheer at all the good parts.
It has been pretty hot lately. The boys got some
squirters from the dollar store and have been playing outside with them almost every day. Davin figured out how to refill the water bucket all by himself. He makes a mess, but at least I don't have to go out there and do it for him every ten minutes. When I came out and saw that he was using the hose by himself, he told me that he made a puddle and that it was chocolate milk. :)

Weston preferred playing inside with his
Legos and his sister. He is always asking if he can take Talia's picture. He told me he is going to ask Santa for his own camera so he can take pictures whenever he wants to. I think it's a great idea. What a great weekend we had!


9 comments:
My girls LOVE cameras too -- they're constantly asking to take pictures. My in-laws got them one of the Discovery Toys cameras -- biggest waste of their money ever! It takes worse pictures than my first camera phone! They upload onto the computer around 3x2" and they're barely recognizable -- so next Christmas we're considering getting them cheap point and shoots . . .
oh my goodness, i LOOOOOOVE talia's blue plaid dress!!!!!!!! soo cute!
happy birthday, ian! i must have forgotten that our husbands are the same age. jared turns the big 3-0 on the 30th. i was telling him the other day that when we met i was 20 and he was 22. SO WEIRD! where does time go because i seriously missed the part where we grew up! :) glad you guys had a great day and that you were able to enjoy having your hubby home.
Chocolate milk puddle...hee, hee :) That HP movie display is so cool, I can't wait to see the real thing! Talia's hair bows are so cute, I hadn't seen those kind before. And happy birthday Ian!
Happy Birthday to Ian! Sounds like you had a great weekend! I love the idea of a chocolate milk puddle. Sounds tasty! :-) And how cute is Weston for always wanting to take pictures of his sister?! Love it!
Another happy birthday to Ian!!! Looks like you guys had a fun weekend with G&G. :) Talia is pretty cute too. I want to LOOK at pictures of her all the time, so keep shooting Weston!!! :)
I was going to call you last night, but it was already 9pm here. :( I'm going to try this afternoon!
chocolate milk... that's great!
Happy day late Birthday Ian!! It was so fun being there for the celebration and HP!! Love the out on Talia. Be sure to bring it when you come!! Can't wait to play with ya'll again!!
Ice cream cake roll? I'll need that recipe!! I've never heard of that. It looks really yummy! Haha LOVE the awkward photo!
The big 3-0! Whoohoo. Happy Birthday Ian, it only gets better!
Post a Comment