Thursday, July 21, 2011

Last Hurrah

Our Discovery Gateway Children's Museum pass expires next week, so yesterday we spent the day playing for the last time. They had a fun summer exhibit with lots of giant size games. The kids thought it was pretty great. Yesterday was also a "Member's Only Morning," so we went early and got to enjoy some less crowded time in the museum with our friends. The kids signed up to do a craft and all made paper puppets. Weston's was a spider and Davin's was a puppy. It was a very fun, but exhausting day.
Weston had wanted to build himself a fort out of his Megablocks the other day and he was sorely disappointed when I told him that he only had enough blocks to build his fort up to his ankles. He spent about half an hour building this one in the construction zone. I was impressed. He sure loves to build! Future architect?
In other news . . . Davin is quite the outdoorsy child. Weston likes going outside, but he gets tired and hot after a little while and is ready to come in. Davin, on the other hand, LOVES to go outside and is sad every time I tell him it's time to come in. He especially loves going outside to play in water. I love watching him enjoy the simple, carefree days of childhood and summer.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

my favorite is the castle Weston built!

joyous said...

So fun!!! I love how different all our children are too. That last picture of Davin is priceless! Good luck this weekend. :) Get someone else to take some pictures so you don't have to worry about it!

sara said...

I wish we had a museum like that out here. It looks sooooo cool! You guys have totally taken advantage of your passes! I also love the outdoor pictures, especially the last one!

The Curnow Family said...

Totally impressed by Westons building, Holy cow that's really good! I love Davin drinking out of the hose because that is what we used to do when we were little. PS. I also really liked whatever you did to the pictures that looks really cool.

J, J and B said...

I think you have an architect on your hands! Very clever! Boys are a lot of fun. They can play outside for ages it seems. That's great. It's better than him sitting in front of the TV or computer all day!!