Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Growing Up

Today Talia is 7 months old. She is growing up so quickly! The week after we got back from Portland she started sleeping through the night. I think she had a little growth spurt that week too because in addition to sleeping through the night, she took long 2-3 hour day time naps for a few days. She still doesn't have any teeth, but both of the boys got their first tooth when they were 7 months old, so I'm expecting one to pop up sometime soon.
I have been trying to be more diligent with feeding Talia solid foods. She eats real food at least once a day, sometimes twice. So far it looks like she will be just as difficult an eater as my other children. She clamps her mouth shut for veggies, but opened it wide while I fed her tiny pieces of ice yesterday afternoon. Good thing she's cute. ;)
Speaking of growing up . . . Weston made this picture in primary on Sunday. He was so excited to show it to me and asked how many more years until he would be 19. I said lots and lots of years, but then I got a little sad inside knowing how quickly those years are going to fly by.
Weston is such a sweet boy. He loves the gospel and absorbs it like a sponge. He is the one who is always telling me how we need to be better about reading our scriptures every day (he's right). He loves going to church and learning/acting out scripture stories. He is also the one who loves to play with Talia. He lets her chew on his toys and makes funny faces at her. I love this kid!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

you have the sweetest kids. I cant believe your baby girl is 7 months old already!!! Where does the time go??

Jimbogun said...

How sweet is that boy?!?! I love that he wants to go to Germany. Mimi came home with a little picture of a girl missionary with her name on it too! What fun!

Pamela said...

Such sweet kids! Brayden says he doesn't want to go on a mission because he would be sad to leave us. We assure him that by the time he's 19 he'll be chomping at the bit to get out of the house. You're right, the years are going to go by so very quickly...scary!

Delia said...

What a sweet boy. Children really are the best teachers.

Seriously Talia is SO cute. Really one of the cutest babies I have ever seen.

Glen & Kat said...

Your kids are so cute! I love that Weston wants to go to Germany like his Dad.

Alexis said...

Talia is such a beautiful little girl. I see so much of her momma in her little face! :)

Tasha said...

She really is looking so much older! It is amazing how fast the first year goes. She is so beautiful. You have such darling kids Shannon!!

J, J and B said...

I know you know how cute Talia is. She's adorable! I can't believe she's 7 months. It seemed like she was just born!! Weston is cute too. He's already got that missionary hair! :)