Saturday, July 9, 2011

Since We've Been Back

It's been almost two weeks since we got back from our trip and I can't believe how busy life has been. Between catching up on blogging, laundry, and church stuff I haven't had a whole lot of free time. Ian has been busy (as usual) with work, so that has been hard too. It's nice that the summer weather is here finally. We have been to the pool, played at the park, caught more bugs, and done some fun outings.

Last week we also had lots of time at home while I was doing laundry and cleaning the house. Davin has been really into dressing up lately. Most of our costumes are too big on him, but he loves them anyway, especially Bumblebee. He also told me that he is going to ask Santa for a Spiderman suit. :)
Talia is pretty much the cutest baby ever. She started sleeping through the night since we have been home from Oregon and that makes everyone happy. She had a little growth spurt last week too and slept a ton during the day. No complaints from me! When she was awake she was a happy girl!
Last Friday we went to a little fun center called Jungle Jim's. I bought a 10 visit punch pass, so it's a good thing the kids loved it! We ended up staying for about four hours and eating lunch there. Next time we go we will invite some friends so the kids have someone to play with. Talia was pretty content to watch from her stroller or my lap.
Davin loved the jeeps and the airplanes the most.

Weston was brave and did the big roller coaster all by himself, but his favorite thing was the bumper cars. Somehow I didn't get a picture of him on them, but he rode them over and over again for at least half an hour.

There were also swings, a carousel, a giant climbing play area, and arcade games. It will be great for the really hot days when it's too windy to go to the pool.

We had a good 4th of July weekend too. Ian had a rough DIY day though. He spent all afternoon on Saturday working on the light fixture on the boy's new ceiling fan, but couldn't get the light to work. The fan works fine, so for the moment they are without an overhead light. We went to the pool together, which was nice. Later that evening Ian decided to put the air conditioner in the window since Sunday was supposed to hit 100 degrees. He was cutting a new sheet of plexiglass to fill the rest of the window space when he sliced open his thumb. Sigh. Let's just say there was lots of blood, slightly less cursing, and seven stitches when all was said and done. Poor Ian.
Sorry for the poor quality, poorly lit phone pic
Monday we celebrated the 4th of July with a BBQ with friends, then we went and watched fireworks at Murray Park. It was a great group, a beautiful day, and a fun celebration. I'm very thankful to live in America and to have so many freedoms. I am thankful to all the people who serve in our armed forces and for those who give so much of their time to serve in public office. Our country would not be what it is without the sacrifice of so many. God bless America.

3 comments:

joyous said...

Love, love, love all the cute bows on Talia. The green and blue ones are adorable!! That picture of Ian's thumb I could have done without though, GROSS! And I love the sparklers picture of Weston. I feel the same as you. It's taking me forever to get back to normal life after our trip and guests! Phew!

Tasha said...

This summer is just flying by already!! We are down to only 3 weeks left until Tanner goes back to school....boooo. It looks like you have had fun enjoying your summer. No fun about Ian's stitches. Ouch. I loved seeing you all decked out for the 4th!

J, J and B said...

That's awesome Talia's sleeping through the night. I'm sure that makes life a bit better! I'm jealous!! Bummer about Ian's finger. Good thing it didn't take all of it off! :/