Monday my dad took the day off work so he could spend it playing with us down at Balboa. We took the ferry over to the peninsula, which I had actually only done once or twice before. It's a fun little free boat ride. The kids loved it.
The kids went on the carousel and Auntie Jules was sweet enough to take Talia on her first carousel ride! She was so cute and made noise the whole time. They had these little mini horses that were stationary, so it was perfect.
We also went to the arcade for some good old skee ball. I loved it! The boys did a couple little games and rides too, then they played a game of air hockey. It was hilarious watching Weston and Davin battle it out (slooowly) in air hockey. Weston won, but Davin got a couple points on the board too. Good things we had some tickets so the boy could pick out a prize because Davin was on the verge of a meltdown when the air hockey game was over. I think it was his favorite. Davin picked out a rainbow slinky and Weston got a pair of play handcuffs. Oh my that boy was in heaven. Arresting everyone, locking himself to the stroller . . . ready to play cops and robbers.
We stopped for a slice of pizza then we rode the ferris wheel. Auntie Jules is the best and took the boys with her so Ian and I could enjoy a kid free ride. It was a gorgeous view and a beautiful day.
I couldn't believe what a trooper Talia was. She didn't fuss or cry. She just hung out in her stroller and chewed on toys and watched all the commotion around her. She's such a good baby. We took the ferry back to the car and drove around to where we were renting a little boat for the rest of the afternoon. We cruised the harbor and looked at all the beautiful homes. Mom had packed a picnic, so we ate on the boat and touched the water.
By the time we got back in the car we were all exhausted from hours in the sun and wind. The kids got a nice nap on the way home. What a fantastic day! Thanks Mom and Dad!
haha...i love balboa and checking out the homes in newport. last time we were there i kept pointing out homes to jared that i wouldn't mind living in. he just laughed. apparently he thought i was joking. i wasn't. haha! if only right? glad you had a great trip. i love that i can live vicariously through your photos. :)
Balboa is so fun! My kids love going over there. I love the picnic on the boat idea- your parents are the best :) I'm glad you had such a great time in CA!
That looked AWESOME! What a perfect vacation day. Love the pic of Ian throwing Davin overboard, it kinda looks like it's really happening! Great pic of you, your mom and Talia, too!
I love those little boats like you one you were on with your family. Those are SO fun. I can't believe I've never been on that boat to the peninsula. I will have to try that next time I go to back home! It looks so fun!
A little about us . . . Ian is a Graphic Designer and Shannon is a Mommy, Cook, Housekeeper, Accountant and Activities Director. We live in Salt Lake City, UT in our first home! We have a 5 year old son, Weston, a goofy 3 year old, Davin, and our newest addition, baby Talia. Life keeps us busy and joyful!
8 comments:
How fun! We need to do Balboa sometime. I have never taken my kids there. Sad right?
Hope you had a frozen banana!!
Tasha, we got a griupon for the boat and it wasn't that bad. Brad and Mel loved their Balboa day too!!
haha...i love balboa and checking out the homes in newport. last time we were there i kept pointing out homes to jared that i wouldn't mind living in. he just laughed. apparently he thought i was joking. i wasn't. haha! if only right? glad you had a great trip. i love that i can live vicariously through your photos. :)
Any trip that includes skee ball has to be awesome! I kayaked around the harbor once, it was fun seeing how the other half lives :)
Balboa is so fun! My kids love going over there. I love the picnic on the boat idea- your parents are the best :) I'm glad you had such a great time in CA!
That looked AWESOME! What a perfect vacation day. Love the pic of Ian throwing Davin overboard, it kinda looks like it's really happening! Great pic of you, your mom and Talia, too!
I love those little boats like you one you were on with your family. Those are SO fun. I can't believe I've never been on that boat to the peninsula. I will have to try that next time I go to back home! It looks so fun!
Post a Comment