This week I got to spend a little time at Weston's school. On Wednesday evening they had a school activity. First we went to his classroom for a fun little math workshop. We were the first ones there so I made sure to get a couple pictures of his space project.


There were only a couple kids at the workshop, so it was pretty relaxed and Davin got to participate too. They learned about sorting and counting. Weston's classroom has this really cool "Smart Board" that is a touch screen, so they could move the candy on the screen into the correct categories. They also each got a bag of candy to practice sorting and counting and graphing in different ways.


After the math workshop we went into the cafeteria for the PTA sponsored Halloween magic show. The kids got to dress up and the PTA sold cotton candy, popcorn, and sodas. The magic show was pretty fun. Definitely catered to the elementary set with underpants jokes and balloon animals. Talia was getting pretty tired and squirmy by the end, but she made it and we all had a fun time.

Today was the school's costume parade and Weston's class party. I took the little ones with me to watch the parade in the morning. I was very impressed that every single kid in Weston's class was dressed up. At the end of the school day I dropped Davin and Talia off at my friend's house and went in to help with Weston's class party. I was in charge of the spooky story. We read "The Little Old Woman Who Wasn't Afraid of Anything." It's a cute story and all the kids got to participate with props. I enjoyed getting to watch Weston interact with his classmates and seeing his teacher in action. She's awesome. By the time the party was over I was exhausted. I could never be a kindergarten teacher. Whew! Major props to my mother in law, who teaches kindergarten, and to my son's teacher!
7 comments:
Super fun!! I love seeing the boys in their awesome costumes too. :) It's nice to get a feel of what their day is like while they are away from home too.
They have smart boards in the new school here in Bickleton. It's amazing the new technology they have even in Kindergarten classes. I agree--there is no way I could teach Kindergarten, so I'm grateful to those who do.
That is one impressive Space project!
Space project looks amazing, he did a great job! His handwriting is better than most adult males I know. Smart kid, that Weston!
Your math night reminds me of the math nights you used to have at the schools when you were little. Very fun. I LOVE the smart board. At the next school where we teach, I get to be in the room with the smart board. It is so fun and the kids are so impressed by the smart board. I just went to a training on it last week and I wish I could have one in my music classrooms too ;-) Love the boys in their costumes. . .can't get enough of it. What's Talia's costume??
those are some great costumes!!!
and i totally hear you on the teacher thing. my mom teaches pre-school and i could never do it. early childhood ed. is hard work!!
Wow, I love his space project. He did a great job. I am glad that you like his teacher. That is half the battle sometimes. I just finished with parent conferences and had 100% participation. Glad you were able to help in the class. That means a lot to Weston. Thanks for the kudos! Love and Kisses to everyone,
Grandma
Post a Comment