The rest of our Saturday after Weston's birthday party was spent at home getting the house tidied up and birthday stuff opened, played with, and put away. Ian and I put the kids to bed and then picked up the babysitter and took off for downtown
SLC. Several weeks ago we bought tickets to see one of our favorite bands, Blind Pilot, in concert. We realized that it was the same day as Weston's party, but figured that the party would be in the morning and we would be fine, but man, we were tired.

It was still really fun. We stopped for some
gelato before the show, then headed over to the venue. The tickets said the show started at 9pm. We figured that with the opener and set-up the band wouldn't be on until at least 10. We got there at 9:45 and no one had started yet. Yikes. The opening duo didn't go on until 10:15 and played for half an hour. Then another half an hour of set-up and Blind Pilot finally went on at 11:15
ish (keep in mind we were standing this entire time). Needless to say it was a very late night, but Blind Pilot was awesome! They are so good and I love all their cool instruments, especially the trumpet. They are also just the happiest little band. They smile and are kind of goofy. Loved it!
Sunday was Weston's big official birthday. He requested eggs and sausage for breakfast, then spent the morning playing. We went to church and Weston loved being sung to in Primary and getting a special birthday note and package from his teacher. I taught the combined 5
th Sunday lesson in
YM/
YW. It went really well and the youth were all good about participating. Talia napped through the first hour, so by the time Ian brought her to church we only had a couple hours left and she was a happy girl.
After church we had some friends over for Weston's birthday dinner. He wanted chicken scampi this year, so I got to work on it. It was delicious, as usual, but I should have made a little more. Weston was itching to open his presents so after dinner was cleared we gave him the
ok to open presents. He got lots of Star Wars stuff thanks to one of Ian's co-workers who was cleaning out his collection and passed some things along. There were a bunch of Star Wars trading cards, a Chewy action figure, C3PO action figure mounted, and a light up green
light saber. Weston also got a Star Wars lunchbox and the Lego Star Wars
Wii game. He got an alien Lego set, another Green Lantern toy, and a new church book too. So spoiled!


Finally it was time for cake. He changed his mind at the last minute and decided he wanted chocolate cake with peanut butter frosting. I swear I didn't make him choose it! It was super yummy. He blew out all his candles, but was sneaky and didn't puff out his cheeks. :) Happy Birthday my big 6 year old boy!
2 comments:
Okay - I just saw the title of this post on my blog feed and thought for sure it was a pregnancy announcement. Just thought you'd like to enjoy a laugh with me :0)
Opps! I don't know how I missed this post. He is a lucky kid with all that cool Star Wars stuff. Liz is now begging me to take her to see episode one in 3D! I can't wait to see you guys so soon. :)
Post a Comment