Last week Davin was really into turtles. We watched a documentary about turtles on
Netflix Sunday night and on Monday after school Davin wanted to watch it again. Here he is just relaxing and watching the "turtle show."

Davin also drew several turtles. One for every person in our family, actually. He's pretty cute.

Last week I attempted Talia's first ponytail. It was rough. She cried and tried to push me away. I had to start over about 5 times before I finally got some hair in the elastic, but it turned out to be a pretty cute little sprout. I haven't done it again since, but I should probably just keep trying. Moms of girls, please tell me that it gets easier!

Weston had Friday off of school, so we went to Jump N Bounce to burn off some energy. It was great fun. Even Talia loved bouncing and going down the slides with me. There are no pictures because I just couldn't manage a camera and constantly holding Talia on unstable terrain.
Saturday morning at karate Weston received his green dragon belt! He had tested for it the week before and passed. He was pretty excited. We are so proud of him and all his hard work at karate!

Saturday afternoon we headed down towards Provo to attend the
BYU basketball game. I didn't think Talia would appreciate it, and I knew I wouldn't have as much fun if I had to wrestle her the whole time, so we dropped her off with a babysitter on the way down. We took the boys to Burger Supreme for dinner and it was delicious!
Mmm. The game was really fun too.
BYU won and scored almost 100 points! We ate Cougar Tails, waved our pom poms, danced, sang the fight song, and Weston rang the victory bell with Cosmo. It was a definite success (except for our family picture which was a fail due to all the
back lighting and an inexperienced iPhone photo taker).


Ian doesn't get today off work, so I'm on my own with the kiddos again today. And it's snowing. I think we are going to go bounce again today (we bought a one month pass) so the kids can get some energy and noise out. I will try to blog again before another whole week goes by!
3 comments:
About the hair-claire is 6 and finally it's not so bad! But babies are easy to distract. I'd put claire in her high chair with a pretzel in each hand, and she'd let me do anything. We've bribed her with lip gloss, a sticker reward chart, and other stuff. The key is getting her used to doing something every day. Good luck!
That is a cute little sprout on Talia. And I hate to tell you, with Ivy it only got worse. I now use putting her hair in a ponytail as a threat for her to keep her hair out of her mouth. It's a shame that she hates getting her hair done because I could do so many cute things with it. But I don't think she's normal in that respect. My mom told me that my sister's girls love to have their mom do their hair. And I'm hoping that when I can start doing Noelle's hair, Ivy will want to have hers done too. Hey, it worked with clipping their fingernails. :)
I love Talia's pony! Great job. Here are some tips amy taught me when Emma started having hair long enough to do. Or maybe I just saw the way she did it and followed.
1)Sit her up on the sink and even let her play with the water a little if you have to. Or give her whatever will keep her distracted
2)Use a squirt bottle to dampen her hair and when you're not using it, let her play with it.
3)Use a comb to get it smooth.
4)Get those awesome little elastics that are perfect for baby hair (one of the best inventions ever).
5)If you do it on a regular basis she'll get used to it as it becomes part of the routine.
I LOVE fixing my girls hair. So there's tips from a slightly fanatical POV :)
Also, I love your boys BYU hats! So cute!
Post a Comment