Thursday, May 3, 2012

Halfway

I am officially halfway through this pregnancy!  So far so good.  Especially this last month or so.  I have barely felt pregnant at all.  I can finally feel the baby squirming around in there, but in a cute, non-painful way.  I also am finally starting to get a little baby belly (as opposed to a just a flabby, already-had-three-kids belly).
Little hand with all 5 fingers waving HI!
 
The other fun thing about being halfway through is the 20 week ultrasound!  We had our ultrasound yesterday morning.  It was the most fun one we have had so far.  The tech was really knowledgeable and sweet.  She explained every measurement she was taking and why.  Everything on baby looked healthy and normal.  It was un-hurried and relaxed.  We got 3D photos and got to see baby in 4D for the first time.  None of our previous ultrasounds had that capability.
Sweet little baby face.  I think that nose and mouth already look pretty familiar.
We also got to find out the gender of our sweet baby #4.  My mom bet me and my sisters a candy bar that it was a baby girl, but Jules and I won.  We will be welcoming one more cute, healthy baby BOY into our family this year!  I already suspected it was a boy, so this was not a surprise.  I am slightly disappointed that Talia will not have a sister and that all her cute clothes will only get to be worn once, but other than that I am very happy to have another boy.  I love my boys! 

When I got home I decided to make some blue cupcakes to give to the kids to tell them about their new baby brother.  Unfortunately I only had a yellow cake mix, so my cupcakes turned out a little bit greenish, but I still thought they were cute.  After dinner we showed the boys the 3D pictures of the baby and then Weston asked if it was a boy or a girl.  Davin immediately answered "It's a boy!" (duh).  I gave them each a cupcake and asked them what color it was.  Weston answered, "green."  Hmm.  I ended up having to explain that they were blue because we were going to have another baby brother.  Weston was kind of bummed, but I'm sure he'll recover and love his baby brother.  Davin is thrilled.  Talia could care less, but massively enjoyed her cupcake.  :)
 
  
We are very excited about our new little addition and the hunt for another boy name has begun.  Although amazingly, I think we might already have a front runner.

9 comments:

Cami said...

Congrats on another sweet baby boy!

Unknown said...

hooray! that is soooo exciting! Your boys are super handsome and intelligent, so one more will be a blessing to the whole world! :)

Liz Smith said...

yay!!!!!!! congratulations!!! so excited for you guys. you guys make such cute boys. :)

Emilee said...

Congrats! I'm sure brothers are nice to have too. I like mine okay. :)

Kate said...

Who says Talia can't have a sister? hehe :)Congrats on your little guy and being half way done with pregnancy!

Tasha said...

So fun!! Congratulations! Love that last picture of Talia. She is such a cutie.

Lana said...

Sweet! Congrats Shannon :)

Becky Green said...

Yay for being halfway! We'll definitely have to come up and meet your new little boy (and all your other kids) when we're in Utah in the fall. I feel like it was not that long ago that I was following your pregnancy with Talia. It's crazy that you're already halfway done with the next one.

joyous said...

I second Elisa's comment. Your boys ARE handsome and intelligent and these are very good qualities to have. And I also have to agree with Weston that the cupcakes do look green. But I would have eaten mine happily with Talia!!! I'm excited for another Bowles to join us. :)