This last weekend I flew down to California with Talia and my sister, Mel, for our other sister's bridal shower. It was a surprise. Jules had no idea we were coming. She picked us up from the airport on Thursday afternoon thinking she was looking for our grandma's friend Melva. It was a really fun surprise. She cried. I had to take a video for my mom who impressively managed to keep it a secret from Jules for the last month.
After Jules and Rick picked us up from the airport we drove around and visited our grandmas who live in Long Beach. We ended the evening relaxing at home. Friday morning was pretty busy. We had shopping to do! We started at Target, then went to the mall for a few errands that included Nordstrom's, Williams-Sonoma, See's, and Ann Taylor. By the time we were done shopping we were all tired and hungry. We picked up Subway and took it to Jules' office to eat lunch with her. It was great fun.
 |
| Me and Grandma Olson |
 |
| Talia and Grandma Olson |
 |
| Mom and Tal at Jules' office for lunch. |
That afternoon we went home and rested! Joy and her girls arrived and we got to surprise them with our presence as well. We hid behind the couch and jumped out when she came in. We are dorks. I was glad that Joy was surprised though because I thought I had given it away a couple of weeks before when I mentioned being out of town on the phone and couldn't think of a good lie. Anyway, Friday night we went to Mom's SCCC performance at a retirement center. Her kids sounded awesome! That night we ate Golden Spoon and hung out. Joy and I stayed up super late talking in bed.
 |
| Cousin Rachel showing off her Spidergirl jammies. |
Saturday was the big bridal shower day. We didn't have any plans in the morning, so we just noshed on donuts (thanks Dad!) all morning and managed to sneak away from all the kids for a secret nail painting rendezvous in Jules' room. Then we got ready for the shower. It was a tea party theme and it turned out beautiful. Seriously, I have never been to such a gorgeous shower. It was out in our friend, Judy's backyard. The tables were so pretty and the food was not only gorgeous, but absolutely delicious! I love me some finger sandwiches and mini fruit tarts. I spent most of the shower hanging out with Talia in the house because it was a little warm outside, but it was still nice to visit a little with friends and family that were there. Jules got lots of nice gifts and seemed to have a wonderful time.
 |
| Joy with Rachel and Mimi at the tea party |
 |
| Mom and Grandma Snowball |
We were pretty hot and sweaty after the shower, so when we got home we took a dip in the spa and then hung out in the backyard in our wet bathing suits to cool off. It was really fun. Talia liked the water and insisted on wearing Rachel's floaties after we got out. This is the look I got when I tried to take off the floaties. Little Miss Attitude.
Sunday was my parents' stake conference and we were slackers and didn't go. We stayed home and took the kids for a little walk and then put Talia down for a nap. In the afternoon my friend Blake came over to visit with his cute baby boy. Dad made us a fantastic salmon dinner and then Joy and the girls had to load up and head home. The house was hot and Talia was fussy, so after they left Jules, Mel, and I took Talia in the spa again. We lounged that night and watched My Big Fat Greek Wedding together. It was fun. I couldn't believe it was already Sunday. The weekend went by so quickly!
Monday morning Mel and I got ready and packed up. We tidied up the house and then headed for the airport. We had a fairly uneventful flight. Talia was pretty good and took a mini nap. There was some pretty rough turbulence in the last 15 minutes of the flight, so Mel and I were both feeling pretty shaky when we landed, but we recovered by the time we got home. I was impressed with how good of a traveler Talia was. She did well on the flights, she slept well all weekend and took good naps.
It is nice to be home. I spent last night and today catching up on laundry, paying bills, grocery shopping, etc. But now I'm done and we are gearing up for the boys' last day of school tomorrow. They both have little programs and we are going to maybe go to their school carnival tomorrow night to celebrate.
6 comments:
It really was a fun weekend!!!! I loved getting to hang with you and Mel and sneak in a couple loves with Talia. Can't wait to do it again!!!!
So much fun!! The video even made me tear up. You are so fun to surprise Jules! I cannot even tell you how sad I was that the shower was the same weekend as Tanner's baptism. If we didn't already have family all coming in for it by the time I found out they overlapped I would have wanted to change it. I hate missing showers for family. It would have been very fun to see you guys. I love that you got a fun girls/sisters weekend in. That just sounds the best!!
Love the pictures, video, and re-living the weekend. Thanks for coming! It was so much fun to have everyone here. Youll be back before you know it!! Have a wonderful last day of school!!
How fun that you were able to surprise your sister!! Her shower looks so gorgeous!
How fun! My sister's bridal shower was this weekend too! Small world. But I didn't get to travel for it. :( Glad you had such a good time with your family!
So awesome! I love the video! You guys are such adorable sisters :)
Post a Comment