This is from awhile back, but Davin made a lion mask at preschool.
As far as our big move goes . . . it is semi on hold. We are already renting the house in Lehi, so we have been slowly moving our stuff down there. I have set up all the utilities there in our name. However, we have to wait for the actual short sale approval before we up and actually start living there. And for some reason it is taking much longer than anticipated. Our account finally is showing as "under review" so we are still hoping that we hear back sooner rather than later. We have plans to move a whole bunch of stuff to the new house this weekend while we have Ian's dad in town to help, and access to a flatbed trailer. The actual big moving day (whenever that might be) should be much easier with all this prep and involve only one trip in a U-haul since about half of our stuff will already be there.
With the move imminent, Ian and I were released from our callings this last Sunday. I taught my last Young Women lesson Sunday morning, then handed over my keys, manuals, etc. It was actually more sad than I thought it would be. I was expecting to feel about 95% relief and 5% sad, but the split was much more even than that. I am grateful that the transition is going to be smooth and I am really grateful for the opportunities that our family had to serve in our ward. It's easy to see the blessings and growth we experienced in hindsight. :) I will miss being a part of the young women's lives, but I am also looking forward to having a few more evenings with my whole family home.
A few of my cute YW. We made these flower hair clips at my last mutual activity with them.
Finally, an update on Miss Talia. She is going to be 17 months old on Saturday. Wow. She all of a sudden seems like such a big girl. She walks everywhere and is getting fast. She is very opinionated and shakes her head no when she doesn't want something. It's so cute that I sometimes ask her things I know she will say no to--"Talia, do you want to go take a nap?"--just to see her shake her head. I am having fun dressing her in her cute summery clothes now that the weather is warming up.
This is what she looks like in the morning when I first get her ready for the day.
This is what she looks like most of the time. Pulled out ponytail, food and drool all over herself, etc.
4 comments:
Okay, the mammal zoo is so cute!!!! Especially that black panther!!! It is fun to watch them learn and grow.
And we love how Talia looks in the morning AND in the afternoon!!! I was thinking the same thing about Rachel in this last post. She watches TV while standing on her head, which wreaks havoc on her hair. Oh well. ;)
hahaha! i love the 'before' and 'after' pics of talia. so funny! she is adorable either way though. ;) i hope your short sale gets approved soon so that you can finally get moved and settled. best of luck! can't wait to hear about the new place. hope you're still feeling good!
Thanks for the blog. I'm addicted to seeing cute kids ;-). Tell Weston he makes a wonderful panther. Did Davin come home and make the lion mask or did he have that already? LOVE both pictures of Talia. She's cute no what!!
Ditto on the mammal obsession. The last couple of days it turned to amphibians. "Mom, did you know a sea urchin is an AMPHIBIAN??" haha..
Talia is the cutest thing ever. Would you be ok if Makenzie adopted her as her surrogate little sister? They can be there for each other amongst the sea of boys. :)
And btw, I totally thought your ultrasound 3d pic looked like Davin, too!
Post a Comment