This weekend we had a special guest at our house! Ian's dad flew in on Friday morning to spend the weekend with us and help us get stuff moved to the new house. Friday while Ian was at work we went out to lunch with Papa and relaxed. That night Ian and his dad went and saw Avengers.
Saturday morning Ian and Jim loaded up the van and headed down to the new house to unload the stuff, take care of the yard, and put together some shelving in the garage. When the house work was done they came home with In N Out! Mmm. We had a relaxing afternoon, but did get some packing done. Around 4:30 Ian's co-worker, Alisa, called and said she could come help us take a load of stuff down to the house on her flatbed trailer. We ended up getting a few people to help us load it up and took our piano, the green sofa, the patio furniture, my elliptical, the entryway hutch, our bikes, a table and bench from the garage, and a few other random things to the new house. We managed to recruit a few neighbors to help us unload when we got there. Wish we could have done the big move this past Saturday, but alas, it was not in the cards.
Here are a million pics of the new house. This is mostly for my mother. Feel free to skip it if the house is not interesting to you. Needless to say we love it and can't wait to officially move in.
 |
| Front of the house |
 |
| Front door and little alcove when you come in |
 |
| Looking from the front door into the living room |
 |
| Looking into the kitchen/dining room from the living room |
 |
| Kitchen |
 |
| From the kitchen the open door on the right is a half bathroom, the closed door leads to the garage, and there is a door on the left that leads to the basement. |
 |
| Half bath downstairs |
 |
| Stairs down to the basement |
 |
| Unfinished basement where the toys will mostly be |
 |
| Stairs leading up from the living room |
 |
| At the top of the stairs. Door on the right is going to be baby's room, door at the end is the kids' bathroom, there is also a door on the left where the laundry room is. |
 |
| Baby's room |
 |
| Kids' bathroom |
 |
| Area at the top of the stairs looking from the master bedroom where the computer desk will be. Kids' room doors off to the left. |
 |
| Talia's room closet. Both the kids' bedrooms have these full closets. They have a lot of space! |
 |
| Master bathroom with deeper jetted tub/shower to the right, huge walk in closet to the left. |
 |
| Master closet. I'm excited about this. :) |
 |
| Backyard and back of the house (those are the kitchen/dining windows) from the corner with the swingset. |
 |
| Backyard looking from the back door. There is a concrete patio area to the right. |
 |
| Garage from door that leads into the house. We are going to attempt parking both cars in the garage. I'm nervous since I've never in my life parked regularly in a garage. | | | |
|
|
|
|
|
7 comments:
Thank you for the millions of pictures and the descriptions. You know I like to know these things. The kitchen has red in it. . .that's a plus. The bathrooms are cutesy ;-) The space is wonderful. For some reason I thought unfinished meant dry-walled, but nothing else. Now I know, unfinished means unfinished. . .got it! I'm going to have to covet that tub in your master bath too ;-) Hope all goes well in getting moved in. . . Can Mel live in your house while your waiting for the paperwork to finish? Just a thought. . . .
LOVE the house! it's going to be so nice having all that space. i can't believe you've never parked regularly in a garage. and with all the snow! our garage is a lifesaver! you are going to wonder how you ever did without it. happy moving!
looks beautiful, Shan! Good luck with the rest of the move!
and I can't wait to see how you end up transforming the space to live in. That's always so fun!
Looks like a great house. I'm also going to covet your tub. I love bubble baths!! Good luck with getting everything in and done. I know it's a ton of work.
OMG!!!! Shannon that house is wonderful. Congratulations to your family!!! The kids are gonna love living there xoxo
Pretty awesome!!! I can see why you just can't wait to move. ;) I'm glad you had a good mother's day too. Davin is just pretty cute in his Mickey Mouse shirt and Talia is still pretty darn cute with her sad face. Can't wait to see you guys soon!!!!!
SO EXCITING Shannon!! It is beautiful. That is seriously so much fun. I am sure you are just so excited about it all. Yay for help with the moving too.
Post a Comment