I have been working hard to get my pre-baby body back. It has been kind of fun. Not ha ha, having a blast kind of fun, but definitely feeling good about myself and not worrying that it's all going to be for nothing kind of fun. It feels good to know that my body is done having babies and is soon to be all mine once more.
I have been exercising on my elliptical 3-4 times a week, tracking calories on My Fitness Pal, trying to eat more mindfully and nutritiously, and sometimes playing Wii Fit games and counting it as a workout. :) I have lost 15 pounds so far and am back to pre-Talia weight. I have another 15 pounds to go to get back to pre-Weston weight. My goal is to get there by June so I can look awesome for our 10 year anniversary cruise.
Anyway, besides feeling good about myself and (sort of) beating winter depression, the best part of having lost the weight is getting dressed! I bought myself some new clothes and it's finally fun to put together outfits again! Now getting dressed is really not my thing. I'm definitely a stay-at-home-in-sweats-80%-of-the-time kind of girl, but now that I have cute clothes that fit I kind of wish I had somewhere to go!
Inspired by my fashionable friend over at The Trophy Wife in Training, who was participating in this What I Wore Wednesday blog link up, I am going to share with you some of my favorite outfits I've worn lately.
I'll start with one I actually wore on a Wednesday with no intentions of going anywhere except to drop off Davin at preschool. I ended up taking the littles and meeting up with Ian and some of his co-workers for lunch, so I was glad I looked cute.
Pants: Target, Shirt: Macy's, Shoes: Payless
This was way back in December, but I still liked it.
Pants: Loft, Sweater: Old Navy, Shoes: IZOD from DSW
I found these super cute and comfy skinny color cords on clearance for $10 and couldn't pass them up. I actually like them better with a different shirt but this is the pic that I have.
Pants: Old Navy, Sweater: Old Navy (same one as above), Boots: Target
This was a date night outfit. Ian and I went to The Leonardo Museum to check out a cool exhibit about Da Vinci. We ended up also eating out at our favorite fancy restaurant downtown.
Pants: Target, Shirt: Kohl's, Cardigan: Target, Boots: Target
12 comments:
Good for you Shan! You look great!
Love all your cute outfits! You are definitely looking great this winter. :)
Love those outfits! I'm jealous of your motivation to get your body back, its been on my to do list... You look great!
So cute! I love all of your colorful pants! I think you loft pair is the same pair mom and I have. We can all be twins!
I am always amazed at how great it feels to lose as little as five pounds... and you've lost fifteen! That's fantastic! You look great! Congrats. And YES! Let's get together again sometime soon! I'm game for my house OR yours!
(Did I use a few too many exclamation points in this comments?? oops!)
Yes! Dressing well and feeling good about it always seems to make my day so much better. And you look so cute!
I can totally see your weight loss in your face. AWESOME! And I love your outfits. You've inspired me to fit into skinny jeans some day. (They may be out of style by that point, but hey--a girl can try, right?) :)
Shannon, you look great! That must be nice to know that all your hard work won't be destroyed by another baby. Haha. I'm trying to lose my baby weight (it's not really working) but it's discouraging to know that in a year or so, I'll just start the process all over again.
You go girl! Your outfits are adorable and you look great :)
Good for you! You look awesome and those are some super-cute outfits. I love your hair too, it's cute.
You're looking great! Your outfits are so cute!!! I especially like your date night wear. I really should try to find some "dressier" date night clothes, I'm sure Justin would appreciate it. If only I didn't detest shopping :(
Kudos for wearing colored pants. They look great on you. I'm too chicken to try. Love your boots and your hair. And you look great! Keep it up sista!
Post a Comment