It's official. I'm a soccer mom. Davin started Spring soccer last week. This is Davin's first extracurricular activity and he was SO excited. He was clueless and adorable and had so much fun. His team met on Tuesday for a practice, but it was really windy and cold, so they only lasted about 20 minutes. I'm not sure how much instruction he really got.
The game on Saturday wasn't much better. It was overcast, windy and cold. Davin ended up wearing his zip up hoodie jacket under his jersey. Mel and Brad came to watch and were very fun to have there. They were also much more prepared on the snack front than I was. :) Davin pretty much stayed on the very fringes of the game the whole time. He ran back and forth and did an awesome fist pump/yessss thing every time anyone scored or they stopped playing to kick the ball back in. He kicked the ball two or three times, but mostly stayed away from the other kids because he didn't want to get "squooshed." (as he told me after the game)
Talia was pretty miserable and whiny the whole game. Beckett endured it without a fuss. Weston claimed he wasn't cold. Davin's favorite was getting a juice box at the end of the game. He said he had fun playing soccer and is excited for his next game. I'm hoping it's a little warmer this Saturday. And Uncle Brad put out a bribe for Davin to get in there and score a goal. I'll keep you posted on our little soccer player!
How To Develop Value-Based Spending Habits
3 years ago
1 comment:
Oh, love that Davin. I was always right there with him in the not wanting to get squooshed crowd. My little brother used to play soccer and he would run right at the other players--who would move out of the way because they were afraid of knocking over the little guy.
Post a Comment