One of Weston's goals this year was to learn to ride his bike without training wheels. We really wanted him to accomplish this goal too. I mean, the kid is seven years old. It was time. Ian worked with him several times during Spring break and took the pedals off his bike so he could get used to balancing. On Saturday afternoon Ian put the pedals back on and within half an hour Weston was riding a two wheeler! He was so so happy and excited and proud of himself.
When he first started learning, Ian had told him that when he rode around the block on his own then we would take him out for frozen yogurt. Weston told me that he was even more excited that he could ride his bike than he was about the frozen yogurt. But he still wanted to go. Saturday night we all went out to celebrate Weston's accomplishment.
I'm so proud of Weston for sticking with it and trying hard even though it didn't come easily.
2 comments:
Good job, Weston!
Go Weston! I was 7 years old before I learned to ride a bike too. I still try to avoid them. lol
Post a Comment