Thursday, July 4, 2013

9 Months

"The Leader of the Babies!" -Davin
Beckett turned 9 months old on the Friday we got back from our cruise.  I was happy to see him again and he looked so much bigger after only 5 days.  Beckett is such a sweet baby.  Grandma B said that while we were gone he didn't cry unless he was hungry, tired or poopy.  Beckett is really an easy going kid.  He is a great sleeper.  He sleeps 11-12 hours at night and then takes two naps during the day.
He is a good eater.  His appetite is growing and I'm not used to a baby who eats so much!  I have to remind myself to feed him whole meals instead of just tiny pieces like I did with my other babies.  He will even eat the baby food dinners that my other kids would spit out.  I'm hopeful that he will continue to be a good eater as a toddler.
At 9 months Beck is crawling everywhere and is into everything.  I wish I had the energy to vacuum three times a day because he is always finding scraps to put in his mouth!  We have to be really careful about keeping the door to the basement closed so he doesn't fall down the stairs too.  The kids understand about it and have been pretty good about remembering.  His favorite thing is to get into the entertainment center and pull out all of the movies.  It's currently rubber banded shut and I had to dig out all the outlet covers this week.  I'm definitely on my toes all day with this baby.
Beckett had his 9 month doctor's appointment last week.  He smiled and flirted with the nurse and doctor the whole time.  It was a fun appointment too because he didn't have to get any shots, so it was all the good stuff.  Beckett is perfectly healthy.  Thankfully nothing to report.  Well, he did dip under the growth chart, but he's still growing and proportional and small kids are nothing new around here, so I'm not concerned and neither is the doctor.

Beckett's 9 Month Stats:
Height: 27 in., 10th %ile
Weight: 15 lbs. 14 oz., 0%ile
Head: 17.1 in., 15th %ile

No comments: