While Ian and I enjoyed celebrating our years of marriage by relaxing and reconnecting . . . our four kids were in very capable hands. My mom is a rockstar for watching all of them all week. I had zero concerns about it. I knew they would be fine and probably have more fun than if I was there.
After they dropped us off on Monday they had a mellow day that included nice, long naps for the babies. That night Jules and Rick came over and the boys made these cool wood skeleton models while Auntie Jules painted Talia's nails.
On Wednesday Grandma took Talia to Disneyland! It was their special trip. Talia was still free because she's not three yet and Mom had an extra ticket from Disney Magic Music Days, so it worked out perfectly. Talia had a fabulous day and was a good little girl once she got the idea of waiting in line for things. She loved the rides and exploring Minnie Mouse's house in Toon Town. She especially loved seeing characters and princesses! I kind of wish that I had gotten to be there for her first time at D-land, but at least my mom took lots of pictures.
Talia still talks about when she went to Disneyland. They saw a parade and went on Buzz, Peter Pan, Dumbo, Small World, Autopia, the carousel and more. She saw the Tangled show and met Rapunzel and Flynn Rider. She saw lots of princesses, Mickey, Minnie, Pluto, Goofy, Woody and Jessie, and more. They stayed all day.
While Talia and Grandma B were at Disneyland the boys had a babysitter in the morning for a couple hours until Joy and her girls got there. The kids had a blast with their cousins! They played in the backyard and sidewalk chalked all afternoon. That night they had pizza and a sleepover in the tent Grandpa set up for them in the backyard.
Thursday they had a tea party to celebrate Liz's 9th birthday. They played on the slip and slide and cleaned up their sidewalk chalk mess. Weston and Davin shared their Pokemon cards with their cousins and had fun trading with them. They were sad to see them leave on Thursday afternoon. I was bummed I didn't get to see Joy and the girls, but I'm glad that the kiddos got some cousin time and Joy got some good Beckett snuggles!
Friday morning Mom and the kids picked us up from the boat and we got lots of good hugs and snuggles before the meltdowns and whineys caught up with them from being so good for Grandma and Grandpa all week. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment