We had such a wonderful, relaxing, fun 4th of July! We had a lazy morning then packed up a picnic lunch and headed to the splash park. It was a blast. Not too crowded, great weather. I really like this one because even Talia can just go and play in it without me. I watch from the grass or go in and help Beckett play in the fountains. It was super fun to have Ian with us. He played some Frisbee with Weston too.
That afternoon we napped the babies and got some organizing done in the basement. That evening we had a BBQ with our friends, the Krueger's. It was delish. We bought fresh corn from the produce stand on the way home from the splash park, so we had corn, watermelon, hamburgers and hot dogs, chips, and baked beans. Mmmm. Carrie made fun 4th of July jello for dessert.After dinner we all went to Thanksgiving Point to watch fireworks. It's nice that it's so close. It's fun to hang out in the park while waiting. And their show is awesome. It was over 30 minutes of great fireworks. We brought candy, glow sticks, and sparklers to keep ourselves entertained while we waited. The adults also played a little Space Team.
Talia wasn't too happy about how loud the fireworks were, but after the first few she sat with Ian and watched without a fuss. Beckett watched for a little bit then fell asleep on my lap. Davin got cold and wrapped himself up in a blanket and fell asleep halfway through the fireworks.
I love celebrating our country and reflecting on how blessed we are to live here and have so many freedoms and opportunities. It's not perfect, but I am so proud to be an American!
1 comment:
Haha!! Davin fell asleep...that's hilarious. Sounds like a great day! That splash park looks awesome. Have I mentioned that I miss your guts!?!?! Friday can't get here soon enough. :)
Post a Comment