Friday, November 1, 2013

Family Fun Day!

Friday night we all stayed up way too late.  When we got home from the dinner Mom and I went in the spa to relax and debrief the evening.  It was fun, but when I got out I was so ready to sleep.  Everyone else was watching the BYU game that had been on while we were out.  I headed to bed first.  I'm so lame these days!

Saturday morning we got up and Mom and Mel made us Swedish pancakes and sausage for breakfast.  It was so good.  I hadn't had Swedish pancakes in a few years.  We were pretty lazy all morning and didn't get ourselves showered and out the door for our park outing until noon.  We brought a picnic to La Mirada Park and just relaxed, played, and talked.  It was such a fun afternoon.  After a couple of hours we headed home so Dad could start dinner.
It was a low key day.  I got some good visiting time in with Joy while we "watched" the girls swim in the spa.  I read my book.  I even napped a little.  We all enjoyed Dad's ribs and homemade ice cream. Dang, that man can cook!  The Henshaw's headed home after dinner.
Later that night the rest of us played a round of Yahtzee.  It's one of my favorites and it's even more fun with my silly family. I made Jules and Mel do one of the routines from Zumba with me and then we vegged to some YouTube videos until we were tired.
Sunday morning we all went to church.  It was weird not having any kids with me and only bringing my purse! It was actually a really nice sacrament meeting though and some of our good friends, the Clausen's spoke.  I loved getting to see people from my home ward.

Dad and I headed home after sacrament meeting so I could eat lunch and pack up my stuff.  Then Dad took me to the airport.  I am always sad to leave my family and it was such a fun getaway that it was hard to leave, but I missed my kiddos and Ian. The flight home was uneventful and kind of fun because I got to actually read and watch TV and get a soda (things I never do when I'm flying with kids). Ian and the kids picked me up from the airport and it was back to reality.  I am so glad I was able to go on this quick trip.  I so appreciate my neighbors who watched my kids on Thursday and Friday, and Ian who held down the fort the rest of the time.  It's a big job. :)

3 comments:

joyous said...

Yay!! Sunday sounds like it was really nice too. So glad you got to come out and visit. Those yatzee pics look totally posed!!!

Glen & Kat said...

What a fun trip and congratulations to your mom!

Kate said...

Nothing better than family fun! And going home :)