Monday, November 4, 2013

Monday Fun!

When I got home from California the break was over.  Monday was literally non-stop.  A couple days before I left on my trip a car backed into my van in the Smith's parking lot.  No one was hurt.  It was just a fender bender, but Monday morning first thing in the morning I had to drop off my car at the body shop and get a rental car. Luckily I got a van to rent.  I consider it a good sign that I like my van way better than the newer Town and Country I got.  Although the back up camera was pretty handy.  I definitely want that on my next car (in like 10 years!). 
After we picked up the rental I went to Smith's to pick up some grocery essentials like milk, bread, and fruit.  Then I swung through Kneader's to pick up lunch for myself and my college buddies who were coming over for lunch.  I headed home with just enough time to get the downstairs looking presentable before my friends came.  It was so much fun to get together with these girls I hadn't seen in a long time. We are all mommas now so there were four adults and ten kids.  And that was with a few of ours in school during that time. We had a great time catching up over lunch and in between wrangling kiddos.
The three one-ish year olds 
Once lunch with my friends was over I had a couple hours to tidy up and help Weston with a little homework.  Then that evening was the kids' school Fall Carnival. I had a major mommy brain moment and accidentally pre-ordered tickets for the Fall Carnival twice, so we had tons of punch cards and extra meal tickets.  It was really a fun night.  Crazy and chaotic, but fun. We found some friends right when we got there so we ate dinner with them and then split up to go play games. I ended up with Beckett and Talia.  Awesome.
Talia played the games and was excited to get candy and prizes. She got her face painted and ate way too much junk. Beckett tolerated being pushed around in the stroller for awhile, but then was just done.  He wanted to get out and walk around, so we spent the last half hour or so in the cafeteria letting Beckett wander a little and trying to keep him from eating food off the ground.
By the time we got home and put the kids to bed I was so tired I couldn't move.  I got in pj's and vegged on the couch with Ian for a bit before bed. Whew!  What a way to get back from vacation! ;)

1 comment:

joyous said...

Ex-haust-ing!!! That's hilarious you ordered tickets twice though. :) Makes me love you more. So glad Halloween is over for another year!