Thursday, November 21, 2013

Sickies

Right after Halloween the kids all got sick in stair steps.  Davin was the first.  He was already under the weather on Halloween but I didn't want him to miss out on the holiday. 

Friday I kept him home from school and he was coughing and tired.  We watched a lot of TV and had a lot of computer time.  Saturday we took him to the doctor and got him going on his inhaler around the clock. His oxygen was a little low so we had to take him back in on Sunday for an oxygen check.  He saw the same doctor both days and she thought his cough sounded different and that he had walking pneumonia, so he started on an antibiotic and continued his inhaler.

Saturday Weston wasn't feeling very well.  That night after dinner he fell asleep on his bed then woke up with a fever and threw up.  Sunday we all stayed home and took it easy. Weston never threw up again and started feeling better by Sunday evening, so he went back to school on Monday. Davin needed one more day to rest.  He went back to school on Tuesday.
Unfortunately Talia and Beckett came down with croup coughs on Monday, so we went into the doctor for them and got their doses of medicine.  It took several days for Talia and Beckett to get all the way over their illness.  They stayed home with me on Sunday while the boys went to church. It felt like we were sick and cooped up forever.
Amazingly I never got sick.  Our other saving grace was that we had a few nice, warm days so we could go outside and get some fresh air for a little bit. I'm so glad that we are all healthy again.  Praying we can stay healthy through the holidays!

2 comments:

Emilee said...

I'm glad that you at least did not get sick. I don't think moms of young kids should be allowed to get sick. Glad the kids are feeling better. Ivy had a cough and gave it to Noelle. Now that Noelle is doing better, Ivy is coughing again. And thus continues the cycle of colds in our house.

joyous said...

Seriously a miracle that you didn't get sick!! Glad everyone's doing better. :)