Wednesday, February 26, 2014

A Picture is Worth a Thousand Words

Every once in awhile I capture a precious moment on film (well not really since this is a camera phone picture). I am always surprised when I manage to do this. I was so glad that this photo turned out and that I have photographic evidence of my children being sweet and loving to each other. This was taken after morning family prayer. We were all in various stages of eating breakfast and working on homework when Ian was ready to head out the door, so we had family prayer at the kitchen table. After prayer we usually do loves, so the kids all got up and gave Daddy loves and then were giving each other loves.

It must have been a miraculous morning because Talia was a willing participant in this group hug. It is also miraculous that all four of the kids are dressed! This picture makes my heart swell up big. I look at it often because most moments in our home are not this sweet and loving. I wish they all were, but this is real life here folks and most of the time at least one of these kids is frowning or crying. In the meantime, I'm printing this in black and white and putting it in the frame on the piano so I can refer to it as much as I want to remind myself that we all really love each other and that all of the hard, exhausting, disciplining days are so worth it for moments like this.

1 comment:

Alison Bayles said...

I absolutely love this picture! And Weston looks so tall!